VERY worried about the PS4 release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoserSlick, May 12, 2017.

1. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

bolshevism!

see this is what happens when you buy rough toilet paper

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think the release will do pox good, but I do think they really really dropped the ball on trading from computers to PlayStation. I had a lot of friends interested again because I have a large collection of tunes they could borrow, but they can't have any now.

That is my only major concern for the PlayStation release, I think we're in much more capable hands for a new release this one around.

aseryen likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@aseryen This has been explained multiple times, the trading part - Sony's established policy does not allow it.

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

@Etherielin i know it has and since I don't have a PS4 or vita atm I can't really say how different acquiring runes will be for PSN. But looking at it from a glance I think more schemes need to be implemented for PSN, Idt anything bad will come of that. I'm also not too concerned about PSN having exclusive LE so long as they are just alternate artwork. I haven't read everything that was posted about that yet so again I'm not too worried.

Biggest concern I have is the extra hoops DOGs may have to jump through to cater for more than one community now. I wouldn't mind if some of the schemes implemented are too generous, for a time, so long as it builds the community.

PC/Mac players get an extended turn timer to support controllers, while controllers may have needed this, the extra time just allows PC players to spam more. I'll take my extra time and give PSN some ridiculously generous schemes, I think that's fair.

Then again I haven't seen all of the public decks. That very well may be enough for PSN to have some supplemental runes will they grind out for the ones they want. Idk how often public decks rotate out or if they will ever change, I need to read up more on what is happeneing with those.

It's interesting that DoW has been removed when forging (which is the only way PSN can get the exact rune they want) diminishes your rune supply, which effectively limits which runes you play, which plays very well into DoW since PSN will have such a limited rune supply should they forge rather than grind out for their runes.

Let's see what replaces DoW if anything, I never paid much attention to it, didn't really even care about the rewards. However players do want some kind of direction which DoW did provide from what I remember of the interactions I had with it.

I'm not that worried about PSN the answer is really simple imo and that is to just give the players more if they start griping. I don't want to lose any PSN players because of grind. I'm still hoping for the best with the client because it's all the same in the end. I want Poxnora to succeed.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Can they link their PS4 account to a PC account then trade on browser then go back to PS4?

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The best thing to do would be to have them make PC accounts, wait a week for the trade restriction to be lifted, give them the runes, and then have them clone their account to PS4.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No, the entire point is that Sony doesn't want their PS4 users to be able to do stuff on PC (which would mean they can obtain runes outside of PSN and they get no revenue).

8. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

My worry is everyone worries prematurely and just starts panicking....oh wait xD

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I'm not worried about it. Why would you be? Here's what's going to happen:

X new players will try poxnora from PS4. 0.5% of X might remain. Existing users will be totally unaffected except for having a new client.

That 0.5% won't suddenly become 50% because it's a bit more polished, everyone who plays this game is here because this is exactly the kind of game they always wanted to play. Those same types of people will stay, if they are out there.

Then they're done with the ps4 project and will be back to making content / whatever else they do.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i just want the mid term. so dam bad.

11. Boomshankka

Boomshankka New Member

Psn new player here, love the game but we cant seem to trade runes or complete the daily quests, so after checking the game out their is no point playing really. No trade no reward no play.

12. Boomshankka

Boomshankka New Member

Should have waited got everything in place to generate a psn player base then released the game. They will look and leave, even if the game looks cool to them.

13. Etherielin

Why exactly are you unable to complete dailies?

14. DemonicDraco

DemonicDraco New Member

They don't work you can do what they say but it won't check off. Also the controls suck hard. I've played plenty of grid based Srpgs on console it shouldn't be so awkward.

15. Boomshankka

Boomshankka New Member

16. Monixion

Monixion New Member

So, PS4 player and here's where I am right now, after about 2 weeks.

Gameplay wise, really enjoying it but having a couple of hangs every now and then that really draw out matches.

The Daily quest (solo) works now so that's a bit of gold per day and a few runes which is good.

Daily quests (like Training Day) on the other hand don't seem to work at all and it's becoming a massive pain. Just played a full SP bg vs BOTs (won it) and didn't progress Peak's Day quest or complete Training Day. Missing out on hundreds of gold per day is really ruining some of the enjoyment.

I also hear pack prices have or are going down by quite a bit on PC so I'm put off from buying packs since 3500 gold for a few cards is...not great. Especially as gold income is so low due to dailies not working.

I'm just torn as it's a fun game for sure but kind of unplayable or more so unprogressable right now on PS4, for me at least.

17. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

18. Monixion

Monixion New Member

Oh and as of this post the only real money option is 3000 owl creds at £27. UK, obviously.

Weird not to see anything cheaper, I'm sure more options will be added in time but it's an odd choice to only have that atm.

Plus at roughly £1.80 per pack (Planar) we're talking slightly cheaper than MtG physical packs at around £2.50/80.

Just can't see myself dropping that kind of money, heck, even Hearthstone is only £1.50 per pack (after its price hike) and that game is a giant.

The Pokemon TCG has booster pack code cards, these can be picked up for roughly 45p each, that's ridiculous cheap for a booster pack of the newest set for one of the top 3 TCG's.

I'm not trying to talk dirt here, just saying pricing is really important in the tcg world.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    badgerale, Etherielin and xaznsoulx like this.
  19. Teardrop82

Teardrop82 New Member

First off let me say I agree with your post. As a PS4 only player who has looked forward to this game since its announcement in 2014 I am disappointed. I love the gameplay I live the character sprites. I love how I can build a deck around characters that I find cool looking or I like their abilities. The thing that is worrying to me are the PS4 bugs. Now I understand that there isn't trading and it is out of their hands. But the fact that PS4 players can't even forge legendary runes is putting the PS4 players at a big disadvantage. Also as you said the daily quest NEVER update. Neither do the weekly quest. It makes me wonder if the devs even have a PS4 and have tested out their own game on it. I have spent $50 already and had planned on spending much more because I enjoy the game but until these issues are fixed i will not spend any more. On the topic of price I buy in the NA pan store and the cheapest option is $9.99 for 1000 owls. So I guess the U.K. store is different not sure why. Again I really love the game and hope they resolve these issues asap. Also we need the new marketplace asap or at least an update. Please. Sorry for any misspellings I am on mobile.

20. Etherielin

Are you sure the dailies don't update at all? The June 1st update had a fix for daily missions not working properly and it was fine ever since.