Spam bots and sony

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Aug 6, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Anyone notice previously under soe we had spam bots all the time on these forums, and here we are under soe again and we have spam bots yet again.

Anyone else find that odd ?

Tkpower likes this.
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Anti-bot Bump

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

No.

Sony is a big company.
    Therefore Sony has a big web presence. (Many links lead to Sony.)
    Bots follow links.
    Somewhere on some Sony website there is at least one news post about Pox Nora.... maybe?
    (There might even be a third party website somewhere speaking about Pox Nora being on PS4 now.... maybe?)
    Pox Noras forum is some silly freeware that, according to the little text on the bottom left, was not updated in two years.
    (Hell if you go to the XenForo page and try a free demo, their way to make sure that you are not a bot is making you solve a simple math problem.)
    Bottom line is that bots follow links and spam crappy forums. More "popularity" means more bots.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

We're not under SoE again. SoE and Sony are two completely different groups

5. super71

Saying that is like saying world of warcraft and blizzard aren't the same thing.... At the end of the day if sony wanted pox dead they could pull the plug.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The difference is massive. WoW is owned by Blizzard. Pox is not owned by Sony.

7. super71

I guess you can swing this however you want, who keeps the lights on for pox and who gave the money to pox to let them launch on ps4 ? Sony very much owns poxnora already. All i'm saying is I doubt it's a coincidence that soe gets involved and were under spam attack again.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For the hundredth time, SOE is not involved. SOE doesn't even really exist anymore -- it's called Daybreak Game Company now, which is a subsidiary of Columbus Nova, a big investment group. SOE not only no longer exists, but the thing that was SOE has nothing to do with Sony. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Nova

Teardrop82 and Tweek516 like this.
  9. super71

Sony online entertainment, has nothing to do with sony, got it. Typically when a company doesn't own something or isn't a part of it they usually don't put their name in front of said thing they don't own. I should have said sony because that's what i meant and not soe.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...hould-with-this-game.23835/page-4#post-329792

So sony isn't involved at all got it.

Also fun fact daybreak games is owned by columbus nova, columbus nova is owned by renova group, "Renova Group is a Russian conglomerate with interests in aluminium, oil, energy, telecoms and a variety of other sectors. The main owner and president is Viktor Vekselberg who founded the company in 1990. The Renova Group is primarily active in Russia, the C.I.S. states, Switzerland, South Africa and the United States."

It was the Russians again :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not anymore, no.

People aren't disputing that Sony was involved in the PS4 rollout; it's just that connections between [Pox under SOE] and [Pox under DOG, in cooperation with Sony] are spurious.

And no, spam bots on these forums is not a new thing unique to the time of Sony's involvement with the port -- there are trashed threads related to spam bots going back more than two years. They come in waves whenever some algorithm finds its way here, as they have since DOG started these forums.

Teardrop82 likes this.
  11. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Wait...does DOG not own this game anymore?

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

DOG owns Pox. Some people confuse entering a contract that has deadlines that have penalties with ownership. Contracts do give some amount of control, such as Sony insisting on the PS4 launch before everything was ready.

13. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

How can bots post if you need to register to post?