Could we move sword of shadows to forsaken wastes from underdepth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Sep 20, 2017.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

the runes in the wrong faction.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I've always felt the same tbh. We can give them Crown of Corruption in exchange.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Why not? No one ever uses the crown...at least trade it for something that might be somewhat used...

5. themacca

can't just go throwing runes around into other factions because you don't like them. Ignoring the fact that crown of corruption is an important lore item for FW it opens up the possibility of people actually expecting these silly requests to be met and it'd get really annoying really fast

6. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Ok, makes sense to me.
    BTW, how much lore got messed up with cleansing emerald's move?
    /end thread

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. free20play

i don't think these sort of suggestions are silly themacca.
    like do you ever see full faction ud players use sword of shadows? ( maybe in a bot or a custom game once )
    but in real games?
    no because the rune has no syngery in ud.
    if the shades were atleast race demon or had bleed then maybe but they are only race spirit.
    not to mention the equips over costed for how weak the shades are. ( and how low its debuff duration is )
    rather then let it sit rotting in ud it'd make more sense to move it over to forsaken wastes which has both a spirit and summon theme going on who'd actually be able to use this equip!
    ( though i still suspect the equip would be on weak side if it stayed as is )

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  8. free20play

i can't speak much about crown of corruption but i'm 100% positive sword of shadows is a fw rune packaged in ud.

9. themacca

Don't recall cleansing emerald being a royal artifact of the voil empire.

There's bad runes that never get ran in every faction. It wouldn't get run in FW either

Deal with it

Bondman007 likes this.
  10. free20play

this isn't just a case of a bad rune but a completely unusable bad rune in the wrong faction.
    moving sword of shadows over to fw would make it then a usable bad rune in the right faction.
    and one part to fixing it to be playable.
    while the other part being reworking or buffing its numbers.( atleast while it keeps this shade/ghost theme going on )

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  11. themacca

it would be no more playable in FW than it would in UD. possibly even less playable since without the UD bonus their damage is completely worthless

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of moving it to fw, I actually used it in a meat and summon ud bg and it was bad, however I believe it might possibly see some play in fw with spirits.

13. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Never used this equipment before
    but damned its fun with sacrifice/retribution, i dont like the shades though, wish some other sprite was summoned instead.
    and it worked with Grimlics mirror images, think thats a bug though, but infinite shades while the sword was on the ground is a PvE killer :)

wish the -dmg buff did last longer, 2 turns is so short its not worth using the sword to survive a bit longer.
    I guess the debuff was 3 turns before

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Well at least you mentioned the debuff. It can be ranged applied with a short duration sure but -2 damage is cool. Also no one mentioning you can drop it for AoE placement on your own champs. So it could be cheaper and lose this mechanic but its underrated. As for the faction, yeah good candidate for split equip.

p.s. Is it bugged, sometimes it spawns a shade on kill strikes and sometimes it needs to have the debuff applied before kill strike spawns shade.

15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Leave my Imp deck alone.

16. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Give it the split rune treatment and call it a day or come up with ideas to change it's desgin.

super71 likes this.
  17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- ffy ... and ok np

Cinder405 likes this.
  18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Dislike the idea of just moving runes to other factions. Why not do a sensible suggestion and just say 'this rune should be split X/X'?

themacca and Etherielin like this.
  19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Gale force to UD please and thank u.

MaruXV likes this.
  20. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

I do not believe Sword of Shadows should be changed to FW, but instead be made a FW/UD rune. I could see a future demonic possession sort of theme added to UD.. Demon, Spirit ruins maybe.