Rush deck advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I still rather enjoy my rush style decks. No need to give up. Plenty of scope for experimentation and fun!

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

there are tons of rush bgs working. if you want 3 turns kill combo rush, go play mtg or yugioh. im not saying it as an insult, just a suggestion. its a different game.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

exactly @polltroy . this man here has been playing rush for 10years, and still tweeks his bgs everytime.

4. Fentum

Yup.

I just discovered the Midnight Whisper. Works well in an SP UD pressure knock back deck. So much still to find out...

In fact I posted a few basically ‘pressure’ decks in answer to a query on the UD faction board a couple of days back.

5. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

IMPROVE? I already left long ago, 100% ONLY because I was chased away by DEVS and players like you DAVRE, who want to shape the game around some pervert idea that a match is better the longer it lasts...

6. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

Aye, sadly, polltroy, I feel a little the same. Socks has done an amazing job realising his vision for the game - but for me, I'll always pine for the Crupz days when he just printed bonkers stuff and you got to play a variety of crazy decks. I like my decks to have little combos in them - I can't get excited by FF whatever.

Fentum likes this.
  7. Fentum

I do quite enjoy FF, but like you, it’s the little crazy combos in split that get me excited.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

there are still lots of combos up in splits, the problem with splits (that i love btw), is that you can play combos or play consistence from both 2 factions, and that might be perceived as too strong if you are not very careful about balance. @Sokolov said he would like to remove completely the split bonus, so that you retain the chance to play splits but without a bonus on your champs. maybe that could help people feel split less rewarding.

9. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I like splits ,, but theres should definitely be a drawback (no fac bonus isnt a bad idea).even now,, a split bonus can even be more effective then a ff bonus.
    In DnD, having a drawback not only is a balance issue , it forces choices.
    or else why wouldnt I just have my mage wear a full platemail.?

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I to like playing vs kaleseth shadow step kaleseth turn two every game... Ooh oops sorry wrong game.

Etherielin likes this.
  11. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Rush deck advise: Don't rush.

12. PrinceLeaf

PrinceLeaf The King of Potatoes

Bruh theres always a way, get creative. I admit I haven't played since my most recent trip to the top 5, but really, there is always a way to rush.

13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Destorum and Etherielin like this.
  14. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

A good idea for a shrine killing deck would be to split KF/IS.

Key Runes

-Solitary Garu x2
    -Oaken Defenders x2
    - Slip Stream
    - Grimlics Portal
    -Light as a Feather
    -Ancestral Anger

Key Runes for IS

- Dwarven Excavator x2
    - Deep Miner x2
    -Stalwart Defender x2
    -Portal Nexus x2

Point is to stall the opponent long enough to cast portal Nexus twice on your champs and pray you end upin the nearest font closest to their shrine.

All the while your Dwarven Excavator is building mines as obstacles, miners are getting nora, defenders are defending your shrine.

It pisses people off bad.

15. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

idk about nerf statuses, but best rush deck to beat me long ago was a ff ud, with 2x red ? raptors.