what is steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kushfarmer, May 24, 2021.

1. kushfarmer

kushfarmer New Member

why do i need to install something called "steam" before i can play pox?

didn't used to be this way, i always avoided the steam, and on my other laptop i was able to just install pox without steam only about 4 months ago.

i don't play any other games so i really don't want this "steam", don't see the need for it. how do i just install poxnora?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Unfortunately the standalone client is broken on multiple levels. Trying to play on it is a waste of time. There's no getting around it: you NEED to use Steam if you want to play this game.

3. kushfarmer

kushfarmer New Member

i play daily on my other laptop with no steam. never have used steam but now i can't find a way to just download it.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The standalone client works better than the Steam client for me (which doesn't work at all).

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The standalone client has been taken down because of security issues found in its authorization process. For the sake of your account safety please use the Steam client.

6. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Why delete my entire post?
    If you dont want the link to the SO client posted thats fine, delete that but I dislike censorship to this degree.
    What I had said was merely the truth, the steam client just adds more latency for me.
    I doubt steam provides much more protection to a skilled packet sniffer anyway...

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  7. Etherielin

Mods cannot edit people's posts which is why the entire post was removed.
    I have already answered the question. I'm asking you to remove this link or I'll have to remove it myself.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  8. kushfarmer

kushfarmer New Member

how about addres
    oh so you are the guy removing links without an explanation why? real cool of you.

you feel good threatening to remove my post? stick it in your ass, how about that?

how shitty must your childhood have to be to make you want to become a mod on a game forum?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2021
  9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Firking clown lol. He literally provided an explanation in his first post. There's a very good reason why the standalone client shouldn't be used.

Etherielin likes this.
  10. kushfarmer

kushfarmer New Member

he provided an explanation but did not identify himself, did not mention he was taking down links to the stand alone, which he shouldn't...let us have it if we want to risk it. i use the s/a every day without issues and think it's absurd that i must sign up and install steam, whatever that is, before playing pox.

11. Etherielin

No, the standalone client is not meant to be used. I'll be taking down the post with the link to it, especially since the post in question violates forum guidelines.

12. JuliaRoss

JuliaRoss New Member

Hey dude just install Steam and calm down))) I don't see anything wrong, a good thing where you can find a lot of interesting games, even if your game is the only game in the world you are going to play))))))) :D

13. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Steam is the mist stuff that comes out the top when you boil water.