Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 20, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

you get it.. from the first time I've said it?

And I think he's fine at his nora cost, but not with the grant: aura. all the other stuff seems fine to me. But if he's low cost because he doesn't do damage, don't give him excellent AoE damage.

2. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Could some of the great utility Runes, which greatly reduce randomness at the expense of some Nora, like Clairvoyance, Demon Call or Summon Dragon, gain Preordained, just like the Obelisk of Foresight?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Now that you ask, no, they can't.

4. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

My suggestions are like inverse self-fulfilling prophecies.

Nebron likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

there are some people that you just can't give what they want.

6. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Now that we have discussed that, let me happily announce that I can be bribed into proposing buffs for the faction you hate most!

Nebron likes this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, this preview was interesting...mostly because Tinkerer is the lulz.
    But I'm sure phase 4 of the revamp will handle that...right? *eye twitch*

P.S. This was a slight crack in my posting self-control. I will now go back to reserving judgement until after the revamp is out o_O

8. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Good work guys take your time.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Sorry Pede, but I will have to say again that I dislike when people don't know what they are talking about. sassquatch is the only player on this thread that mentioned that this ability already existed on a champ - KF Angel. And no one takes it on her, preferring Abash or Entangling Attack instead. It's also not strictly better due to CD and AP.

Ok, now that's out of the way, I understand the concern with the ability and hope it is not on any already good units. I cannot agree with complaints against Elven Treecaller due to the fact that it's not being run even after its last buff. Ripples will be an interesting interaction, so I think you are right to say we have to wait until we can play with it.

I also disagree with you saying Enforcer is 2x auto. But what do I know about KF :p

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Still a race at the moment. The brutes and warriors more or less fulfill that type of class role.
    Right now you are required to have an upgrade slected. Generally speaking the default selection is a middle ground cost and you can make the champion cheaper by choosing the less expensive upgrades. At the moment the reason why you can't choose no upgrades is it would cause a meta that is the exact opposite of the current where it is a race to the bottom. We want to reach a happy equilibrium where there are some really cheap champions and some really expensive ones but the majority will be between 60-80 nora.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  11. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

So the champions in constructed battlegroups in training ground all come with the basic upgrade I suppose

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Shame, would of been fun to see dwarfs/constructs with class barbarian adding their racial style to the "class".

13. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I would like to propose a buff to the Sundered Lands faction.

There are more sub-themes in SL than in any other faction, without much
    interaction between them. Especially the Myx feel a little out of touch with the rest of the themes.
    Correct me, if I am wrong on this. It would be nice if we could either get a reveal engine for each of those themes, i.e. preordained spells for each theme that let you reveal a number of Myx or Skeezick, or if we could improve the theme interactions.

14. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm not sure how well you know pricing, but certain points make a world of difference.

75 is far better than 76, more so than 74 is to 75. This is because going first in the first 2 turns you have 150 nora - meaning 2x 75 champs.

For FS 63 and under is a magic number as well, as it allows for you to drop a champion each turn when on one font (45 + 12 + 6) or to drop a champ and Nora Drain on turn one (speaking of which, that should be fixed - aka removed - as it really is just luck winning).

Tempo is so big in this game, because resources depend on map positioning, so gaining the upper hand on the map through tempo translates into not just big resource gains, but reductions for your opponent.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Myx seem like a nice joint theme with sand honestly. When I run them, I am usually including a fair number of sand related runes as well - so maybe it would be good if there was a future convergence here?

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This 100%.

17. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Gedden has commented that he is fully aware of the "75 nora sweet spot" to use his own words.

18. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

While the atk and def system was very clumsy, the lower speed across the board was very beneficial to the game. There was a huge difference between fast units and slow ones, because of lower ap gains, and playing attrition FW or IS (with heals) was very different to playing vs SPmoga or brute force UD. It feels like most factions play similarly to how UD/KF used to play before.

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That is very true. There are some champions who fall below that 75 nora mark and some who are above. The fun ones are right in the middle because you need to make the call of if you want this to be early or late game champion. There will be most likely be optimum builds for certain champions, but now more thought needs to go into one's decision than just going with the best abilities.

20. Ogre

Ogre The King of Potatoes

Here, here!