Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 30, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see Solo and Ichor go as well. Logistics usually is good as an upgrade, I believe, because it encourages one to play themes (instead of good-stuff decks).

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ichor I would change to friendly only, and keep it.
    Unless there are plans to do restricted formats, I remember that drafting in plague was fun with ichor rampaging around.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Give the same range to a 1x1 champ and a 2x2 champ, for example a 4-6 attack. The 2x2 champ can attack on more squares than the 1x1 so it will cost more nora and will have all the disadventages a fat champ has..
    I dont think the same range formula should apply for both cases.

4. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I believe a lot of the time a 2x2 unit balances out its pros and cons. Conversely, once more than one is deployed on either side, you will see a lot of issues in creature mobility. Depending on theme, this also becomes a very significant issue (Cyclops for example). However, if deploying more than one is an issue or a theme is burdened by too many 2x2 units, then fixing the problem should not be a simple decrease in nora. Focusing on Cyclops, a decrease in nora for them would actually mean more 2x2 units. Just think about that for a moment.

More.

CYCLOPS.

Lushiris and DarkJello like this.
  5. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

Also is he not mythical anymore, and if he isnt does that mean thats going away?

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Very much enjoyed the preview. It was almost as good as the following pic:

[​IMG]

LordRahan likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

DarkJello likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

And so it begins!

Woffleet, newsbuff, yobanchi and 2 others like this.
  9. Sokolov

I think a lot of people didn't see much value in Rover and Solo precisely because they were really just a binary version of the original ability. They were intended to encourage a shift away from the clumps of champs fighting at fonts, but in the majority of gameplay scenarios it functioned the same as if the unit had the base ability instead. In fact, this actually just accelerated powercreep somewhat due to the fact these abilities costed less than their counterparts. The number of Solo/Rover seems to be exploded since I left too, and over saturation of something without real interest in place of other new abilities may also contribute to your feeling.

Ichor is what I would consider a failed experiment in introducing a block/expansion based mechanic. It's something that worked somewhat during draft and provided an interesting dynamic there but since we do not have set rotations they are largely dead abilities in the larger game.

Logistics though I will fight to keep around :) (I know you didn't mention it yourself, but some others have)

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

They are most of them time. Quite a few of the maps leave 2x2 champions at a disadvantage. I think Sokokolov once said taht under his time it was a -5 nora ability to be 2x2. (But i could misremeber it)

11. Sokolov

Thought Experiment:

How much would you pay to turn a 2x2 into a 1x1?

12. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Depending on the champ, I can think of a few that would be worth 10-15 more nora to me if they went down to 1x1.

I was always surprised that more of the 2x2 champs didn't have colossal. Not all of them, but it would make sense on a few more.

13. Farce

Farce Member

Something seems a little off about Ritual Crone, it isn't much cheaper than a regular damage unit but can only do damage after it gets hit. But with 44hp and no defensive abilities it seems like a hell of a risk for that price.

Also posting in defense of Ichor because I like it as a cross-racial theme.

Edit: Make Bone Elemental 1x1 again and you will receive all the prizes.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  14. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Thirion was only so-so before, and only really played in fringe themes...+15% nora cost and lost his 1 relevant defense and keeps his very useless death nova...seriously who wants to pay 128 nora for an AE 2 opponent controlled bomb. In what world is any rank of death nova worth the same price as magic nova 3 and 1 nora away from supremacy? It's pretty auto that you would take Aerial Supremacy and magic blast. That death nova really should be a plant-themed ability.

Thank you guys for your hard work revamping the game though. Just please don't ruin all the runes. I want to give you guys a bunch of my money, but its hard not to take tons of meganerfs personally.

15. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It depends a lot on the champion. Flying 2v2 for excample are not really hampered as much by it as walking champions and Colossal champions has it as a premises and should not have a discount for it(or the discount should be factored in on the price of Colossal)

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you for answering my preview request with the Crone.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Doesn't that mean ranged large sized champions automatically cost more? Seems like a mistake.

18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I wonder, how much do you think Den Mother is "worth" now? Pretty sure you'd see a lot less of her at even 90 nora.

19. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I'm not too bothered about this whole process, it does just feel like a shuffle for the sake of shuffling though.

There's going to be a lot of things that are clearly useless, loads of stuff that is ok/good, and standout best stuff ... just like right now.

Also that thirion is hilariously useless. And yes, I can say that with certainty without having access to see all the other champs post-rework state. Feel free to quote this in ~a month if you disagree.

Also Magnate is pretty trash too, 9 dmg ca:r champ for 80n. If he had something other (ie one of his supportive abilities) than ca:r on base he might still be ok.

sassquatch likes this.
  20. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

I was hoping Magnate could stay having both Soul and Pride of Ailur, that was a nice touch. Maybe he could have Soul on base, and upgrade path to Pride?