Pox Nora Revamp - Final Preview!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 19, 2014.

1. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Will all barbs have the warchief ability or just key champs? If all have one then it seems borderline op and can snowball fast. If only certain champs do then it seems draw luck dependant and very underwhelming. Although either way this variant seems better and less confusing than the current version.

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Also I love the ability pop ups and voidrimyness. I would prefer if the key word had a different color text than the rest to help it pop more beyond just putting it in bold.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Farce

Farce Member

Boy I sure hope you massively cut down the amount of Carouse units or handing out Careless to every enemy unit is going to be awful.

Also if you want Warchiefs to get stronger "the longer they're in play" you might want to consider it taking longer than 3 turns for them to ramp up to maximum strength.

4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

"lol"

5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

IS/ST Troll split. Wish Granite bracers, Grant Wish for alt dmg and any of the first upgrades are amazing. Plus yeti shamans new kit. Can't wait for the revamp. Can't wait to see the new trolls.

6. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

i think wish should rest the same but instead give all ability as is it now give only one cause if replicate item well can be as some pointed out, alot more op, broken etc any way we will see

7. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh, I like the change to Three Wishes ability, but the spell seems rather lacklustre. I cannot think of a situation where I would want to copy an equip TBH. Removal is far more useful. Best case I can think of is copying a cleansing equip in the right situation, which does not seem likely.

8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Looks like Tundra Whisper is getting a lot better. The number of units that actually gained much from the ability is small, since most champs have 1 or 2 really bad upgrades. Grant flight(or another good ability) + a rarely resisted alt damage to any champ seems good.

I like this list of previews much better than previous ones....although none of them are in my faction, it gives me some hope that some of my champs will remain playable.

Brewmaster seems fine...tough 2 is probably better than rover, especially with IS bonus. He's got 2 alt damage AEs and is tough enough to survive until TFB becomes relevant...and righteous deflection is still a thing.

Bastion looks decent. Getting to pick his clan option is pretty nice. I am a little concerned about proliferation of unstoppable+iron will barbarians now. They are already impossible to kill with damage spells, and typically have high defense and melee damage compared to anything else. Seems pretty snow-bally to me. I'm willin to give it a chance. 3 rounds to ramp up might as well just be automatic...seems like needless complexity.

Unless they are nerfing BotU, then the darkmarsh staff is way OP.

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Keeneye crown says 'Hai' . ST has a bunch of great equips you could run 1 of but probably wouldn't push in 2....its a cheap grimlic's mirror for equips.

10. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I can. But I won't tell you. It would spoil the fun. ;)

11. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

There are several reasons why Immunity-Magical on demand is a dangerous capability to have around.

And if iPox says Wish is abusable, well... he could transform relaunch into PoxNora: Prepare to Ragequit edition.

Grand General Mosh, ykmmmm and iPox like this.
  12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so the problem with wish, like many other things in pox, is its abuse in split decks. split decks = abuse. split decks = bad for the game. split deck players = bad people.

13. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

What are you doing here? Honestly, someone with your talent should be working for Fox News or some other similar news network, just learn to change the word split for Obama or inmigrants and you're ready to go. Go, go, don't waster your talent here!

newsbuff and BansheeX like this.
  14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I hope Barbarians had some marque runes given more internal synergy for the theme. Some options of course were Bastion (who never felt right...shoulda just been a split hero with KF -angel barb paladin? hello is/kf)................ but what about Barbarian Guardian, Zedin, Wild Chieftain and various support barbs. Im excited to try out the warchief mechanic but barbs have always been overshadowed by singular racials. I hope you have splashed some other racial synergy. Protective, vindictive, brutality etc.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

a pure poxnoran society of full faction zealots. its a dream I have.

Dagda likes this.
  16. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

OMG. Slow clap for the secondary ability popups. That's... C'mon, now, I promised I wasn't going to cry...

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Doesn't slow clap indicate disappointment/derision?

Or is it head shaking, tears in eyes as you smile slow clap? or a HSTESSC for... short?

18. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Looks awesome!

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He has Warchief: Storm Clan in that image.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In the movies one person starts with a slow clap, then others join in and the speed slowly increases.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slow clap