Messenger Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cortices, Mar 8, 2014.

1. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am ok with deleting messages older than a month.

2. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Feel free to delete mine, haven't played for like 2-3 years, i wont really miss anything other than messages in tournaments i won(One free and 2-3 guild ones).

An idea, maybe have separate folder so we can save say up to 20 messages we want that wont be deleted? And rest gets deleted after a month.

3. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I'd rather have control over when certain messages get deleted. There are messages that I wouldn't want deleted for one reason or another and if they auto-poofed it would be very annoying. Perhaps a way to turn it on or off? Or maybe just delete system notices after a certain time period? I think the biggest offender for clogging up my inbox is my guild. Just endless useless messages sent to everyone and "replied all." So maybe person-to-person messages never delete, trade notices and guild notices delete after a certain time unless archived or a "save this message" box was clicked?

4. blaahahaha

blaahahaha Well-Known Member

I do I do declare a termination of all and any messages

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Burn them!

6. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

In fact, that is a good idea to delete the system and guild messages. That should decrease the DB size for sure.

7. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

The loading of messages was already awfully long, anything for quicker way. On the other hand, I hope the trade history isn't going away. It's sweet when you can check a trade you did 5+ years ago. (also supplements all the trade messages, since you can look there to get the same info)

8. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

Do both !!! DELETE

9. Ultim8death

Ultim8death New Member

Yeh delete, most of the messages I have are useless.

10. dirkinson

dirkinson The King of Potatoes

go ahead and delete

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Trade notifications should probably have a life of like 3 days and then get automatically deleted. If we're really wondering we can check the "Closed Trades" and "Closed Bids" tabs on the trader. On that note, a timestamp on those entries would be nice.

14. lusians

lusians The King of Potatoes

delete them all

15. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Go ahead and obliterate them. The only reason I care about old trade messages is so I have something to cry over because of how stupid I was at trading 6-7 years ago lol.

Gedden likes this.
  16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I still have that trade message from when I traded a Demonvein Vampyre for a Kl'zik. I was young and stupid.

17. Nurfed

Nurfed The King of Potatoes

I do not really care about any of my old messages as they mostly contain bad trades, so feel free to delete them as far as i am concerned.

18. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

well its sad to see your history go, but if its for the best DELETE

19. Kylowinter

Kylowinter The King of Potatoes

You should delete all messages older than 6months with the exclusion of messages in the archive folder.

20. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Delete them!