Owls, pox players really need this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxjedi, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I agree with News, I would be happy to donate a the cost of a case of beer.

2. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Getting close.

[​IMG]

No nora cost on abilities yet, and there is no way for me to tell which one is default, but I'm happy with the progress so far :).

3. bittercold

bittercold The King of Potatoes

my favorite thing about your stuff is just how clean everything looks if i was poor/didnt hate paypal with a passion i would fund the hell out of this keep up the good work mate

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@Nea I think the default upgrade is the one with the intermediate cost, not sure wich one it is when they have the same cost though.

5. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I don't have the costs, so even if that was the case, it doesn't really work either :). I'll push it regardless when I'm done with search indexing and all that mess, Owls have been more than helpful with the feed so far, so I'm sure we can resolve any remaining issues (or I'll go back to scraping the website).

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Such a database would also be ideal for breaking the code of the formula, which, uh, I totally don't suggest.

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, break that code.

8. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Bane Shift is live. Still not done, need some DOG help with the feed or get back to scraping website, but it should be usable enough to build your decks.

5:05am, time to take a shower and go to bed. Goodnight.

Edit: oh yah, you also asked for this: http://archive.poxbase.com/

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wow, Nea. You deliver.

10. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

I am going for a beer now, and I put the button in, so if you want to pay for it, go ahead :D

11. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Hi Nea,
    Is it possible to search for specific things?
    Like unit damage, range, spd, nora cost, etc?

Someimes i'm looking for a particular stat on a champ but currently, i need to sift through every champ in te faction :(. Ofc it could just be me being too nooby.

Thanks

12. Poxjedi

Donated :)

13. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Awesome job Nea =). Great to have this back up so soon!

Also glad to have the archive. Just a few questions about some items that have been popular on other 3rd party websites wondering if it would be integrated:

Would it be possible to automatically make comparisons between the "current" version and the "future" versions? - PoxArchive and similar to PoxBox's patch notes which are generated by comparing changes made I believe through the xml.

Would it be possible similar to generate a page which lists all of the abilities? It is fantastic to be able to search for an ability if we already know the name, but would it be possible to browse through an ability index and then generate a search by clicking on an ability from the index? - http://www.poxpulse.com/ability

Similar to the above, though this one I feel is probably much less necessary - Would it be possible to have an index of classes and races?

Again, absolutely fantastic work and thank you for all of your hard work. I just ask if it would be possible to achieve, if not, then PoxBase will still be a fantastic third party resource for this game =).

14. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

The ability, race and class pages had been in plans for ages, in fact I have the menu options for those commented in templates. Might do some of these things while I wait for api updates :).

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

if DoG doesn't have the resources to build in this functionality natively, they should at the very least post a banner link to PoxBase on the rune manager so casuals have access to the tools...Many people don't know about it, or only knew about the now defunct pox pulse...

16. Poxjedi

Nea should be very proud of the site he built. I also agree with Newsbuff all of the information should be native to the pox site & available in the deck builder.