Dear Gedden, Cyclonic Fesh and Korona

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NakedAmerica, Jun 28, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

As an owner of 60%+ of all legendary runes. I am ok with all of them being shoebox.

Legendaries and limiteds are nigh impossible to obtain, making them desirable for building a bg is just not good for new players, or existing players looking to try new factions.

Give her o shield for thirst. Call it a day.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

R.I.P Dugon

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

there's a lot of room for improvement on balance and efficiency....
    OLD Cyco
    Rng 4-6
    12dmg/7spd
    86 nora
    elec overload, absorb, grant: elec aura, barrage 2

NEW Cyco can be:
    Rng 4-6
    10 dmg/5 spd
    86 nora [BASE]

Base Ability:
    elec overload, absorb, storm acolyte
    Upgrade Ability:
    static aura (-2N)/lightning blast (0N)/chain lightning (+2N)
    jolt 1 (-2N)/jolt 2 (0N)/ jolt 3 (+2N)

less pew pew as there's no barrage 2...
    more survivability given Storm Acolyte + Absorb due to less one-rounding....
    will need a "Shocked" support unit from Lightning Storm/Jolt/Static Greeting...
    will be super slow at 5 spd 2x2 non-flying....
    his role would be to give lightning rods and as a long-range guy. that's about it.

4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

False dilemma (all of them being shoebox vs. all of them being OP). There is a middle ground. They can all be efficient for cost. Not OP, not overcosted -- just... "good enough to be played." I think that's a fair way to treat *every* rune in the game. There is no reason to punish long-time or paying players, just so long as you aren't punishing new players. I am all for that approach.

Can I also offer a rebuttal to the classic idea that LEs are still awesome as collector's items, even if they are terrible in-game? Who is going to know or care that you own a Harbinger if you aren't deploying it in-game?

...? People collect things to show them off, so by shoeboxing highly collectible runes, you are punishing LE owners on two fronts.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

You need to realize they are lowering champ ranges and over costing ranged champs overall. Not sure why but it was a blanket ranged champ nerf

6. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

I actually think that's great. I was looking at Kiergana, and wondering if 5 SPD was overkill on her, nerf-wise, but when you see her in action, she just works. I applaud the range-balancing, because Pox had become a snipe-fest -- and the only way to win a snipe-off is to bring snipers. So... it was just a game of who can draw the range 3-6 champs first.
    It was a real turn-off. However, there's some irony that Ireguards are now way overcosted, since they were created to mitigate range...

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

This version would still never see play. I dont know why you have jolt as an upgrade when it already has electric overload. It doesnt need static aura or acolyte as its supposed to pew pew from range. 5 spd without barrage means he will pretty much never double tap and get use of his primary function:electric overload. So it basically becomes a huge sandbag and keeps his cost high. The problem everybody had with fesh was it would pew pew from range and equip rods on everybody for either an immediate, or basically guaranteed later instakill. Then, after it landed a rod on a champ, the opponent couldnt retaliate as effectively because one of their champs was most likely dead. Adding on to that, fesh had absorb which hugely impacted the ability to one round it. So DOG, in all their eternal wisdom, decided to leave the two abilites that literally everyone complained about, and just slash everything else on the fesh. The end result is a monstrosity of design and needlessly shoeboxed one of the coolest champs SP has ever had. Whats the point of this huge long post? If DOG is absolute in their resolve to keep electric overload on the fesh, then take off absorb. Give it back its Firking range and let it do the job it was intended to do. This is so Firking obvious i dont even know what to say

0ryuk0 likes this.
  8. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

Lol a bit strong, but yes that's my biggest problem with it in its current form. It just can't do what it was designed to do and is sandbagged with worthless abilities now.

9. RedScarlet

yeah or just take out absorb and be done with it and dig back our favorite fesh from the grave. lol

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Dude your crying about the fesh?

Seriously???

Seriously...

Players and their crutch runes man.

Im glad I don't have to stick Magnus in every bg to compete.

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

^who are you to speak to me?

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Yeah a bunch of runes became either underwelming or their roles changed drastically. Outside of moga, i will never run Soothsayer. Shallaxy, while still fairly powerful, got her role completely changed. Probably won't have her in most of my decks either. I really really liked Gravity Well + Battle Drum. I don't like hit and Run on her.... especially with 1 range. I don't like what they did to her at all.

And I agree with the range thing on the fesh. I would like to see it put to 2-4 or 3-5. He makes more sense as a ranged champ. I agree he was over the top before. but his utility now is too low for a nearly 90 nora champ.

13. RedScarlet

I'd prefer Elven Taskmaster anyday compared to Shallaxy. They basically have similar roles of hit n run, but Taskmaster drives people around and have a 1-3RNG, proving how crucial a RNG1 Hit&Run vs RNG1-3 Hit&Run is.

If devs do not approve of Rock Trap and Gravity Well, at least give her Push, Relocate: Foe, Relocate: Ally, and please just get Illuminate back on her. One of my favorite abilities, not OP, interactive, flexible effects.

What I think would be interesting is:

Grant: Hit & Run

This would enable a diff playstyle --> given she's a LEG/LIM rune, she should be contributing a unique thing to a BG.

Reduce Nora base cost, so she can have Swap 3 at 75 Nora.

Again swap and other mobility abilities are interesting to have and contributes a lot to a BG. Her role is basically becoming a channel to increase threat range.

or purely Preparation + Wandering

Again, this enables a diff playstyle, long range at 1-4 or 1-5. Can be splashed to Slags, goodstuff, almost anything really.