On the poxbox incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Would it have changed anything if I said it right after it happened? People are tired of reading about this exactly because they don't know what to make of it. That's what I've tried to clarify in my post.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

You were clear enough. My point was that I wanted to address a thought you idly babbled which I considered dangerously incomplete. I was trying to say I didn't take your post to mean you considered the thought complete when you wrote it.

3. Lushiris

I left it that way to exemplify how can an instantly made up story seem coherent, even though it is a complete and stupid fallacy. My point is that each person sees an event differently, so carving your judgement on a stone isn't the best path sometimes.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Stealing is wrong. (And they did steal from PoxBox).

The quantity taken is a detail. The wealth of the victim is a detail. How the mistake happened is a detail. The owner of the store is a detail. How much he does, or does not, play pox is a detail. His initial poor reaction is a detail. Apology post, clarifying posts, and reveal of alleged scammers are each further details.

NONE of the details mentioned justify theft. Simple. Period.

Osidan and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Guessing you don't know what stealing is.

Sunutsu likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Possibly the best post ever made on the internets.

7. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

*grabs popcorn*

8. DarkJello

Profound.

Sunutsu likes this.
  9. Lushiris

Jello, this is what I went on about on my post. Legally it is NOT stealing, fact evidenced by Decondor's action of not punishing the players at all. Therefore, considering they have stolen is simply an OPINION, no matter how many theories and arguments you may have. That's how society works. And this is the last time I repeat something that is in my post. Damn I'm such a bad writer.

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

What if Senshu got drunk one night and decided to post that harbingers were going to be bundled with avatars. Poxbox lowers the price of harbingers, some people take harbingers out in trade at the lower price. A day later, Gedden informs us that Senshu has been sent to rehab and that harbingers are NOT going to be bundled with avatars. Are the people who traded for harbingers at the lower price guilty of theft?

Sunutsu and PurpleTop like this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yes.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

fascinating

13. Moglieone

Moglieone Well-Known Member

but stealing is against the law!? so wait.. shouldn't they be in police custody right now? might as well lock me away too because I may have download a movie the other week

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ive been over this many times. Please just educated yourself on the situation or the definition of theft. Cause theft does not apply here.

It might feel as theft, it might look like theft but it isn't. Perception and reality are two completely different things here. Like I said, take this case or a similar case from retail where an employee sells you an item too cheap and you'll lose in court. Every damn time, you will lose. The trade was according to the rules of poxbox. I did not scam, I did not hack, I did not steal.

I'm tired of people thinking they know whats up when they have no clue what they are talking about. Talk to a lawyer or open up a law book sometimes. I could explain it thoroughly in dutch, my English explanation would probably not do the truth justice so I won't try to translate it. But seriously, this is getting tiresome.

Moglieone likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lol

Sunutsu and SPiEkY like this.
  16. DarkJello

It is my opinion that they are thieves. And thieves often evade detection/capture/prosecution. Alternate opinions on the matter do not change my opinion in the slightest. Between u and the 8-armed and googly-eyed universal spirit anyway. ;)

Watching a pirated movie is wrong. Turn yourself in if desired. I am busy fixing my own mistakes, and it is totally on u anyway.

Savvy?

17. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

explain this part one more time. I did not steal those runes. What I did was use the system. Did I hack into poxbox and take them? No .Did I lie to poxbox to get them? No. I most certainly did not hold them up with a weapon so how is this stealing?

18. DarkJello

@borice45

What do u believe Mika was worth yesterday? Today? Tomorrow? Did u make an equitable trade?

See my quote below.

19. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

They didn't steal anything, and when did DarkJello become so incoherent? Go home DarkJello, you're drunk.

Sunutsu likes this.
  20. DarkJello

That is your opinion. It ain't no thang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.