So now Thorn Collection is worse than Nature's Wrath

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jul 31, 2014.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

But it is a legendary.

Seems 1000% legit

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Something something rarity =/= power something something

3. claydude5

Yes but it now is worthless at 50 nora and physical damage. Just because it is worse doesn't mean it has to be worse in every way.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It still refunds nora. How is it worthless?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Hahaha

no.

Ballballer likes this.
  6. claydude5

50% of damage done AT THE END OF THE TURN. That is reduced by tough, resist phys, IS racial and weaken spells. Please explain how that will ever be better than magic damage and def shred

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Nature's damage would be reduced by the same anti-spell mechanisms. and no refound.

They changed it so instead of using it on spell chains you can now use it as an attrition AoE spell (just throwing it every other turn at half its cost because of its refund).

8. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

wahhh? an aoe spell that refunds nora that is 5 more nora than a regular aoe 3 spell? please tell me more

9. borice45

IS faction bonus*-affects all damaging spells
    tough-happens no matter what-tough 3 will still block 3 dam regardless of source
    weaken spell- no change
    resist phys- ok but still good

10. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just wish I hadn't used my polymorphs to create the TCs. It started scary and continually gets toned down. Stellar Horizons and other AoEs tend to be better options situationally which is fine with me, except for the whole period the devs made KF go through where people were selling firstborns to get them. Not that the devs have ever shot themselves in the foot by making a faction hard/impossible to play competitively due to lack of access to runes.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The problem with thorn collection was that it was both efficient/versatile and a powerturn enabler, either one or the other had to go. Efficiency was kept, AoE based powerturn was removed, I would've liked it better the other way but the change is still good.

Sirius likes this.
  12. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I used to run 2 TCs, 0 NW. Now i'd say 1 and 1...

13. claydude5

Yes but even if it does damage it shreds def.

TC on the other hand requires you to do a lot of damage to refund any sort of meaningful amount.

14. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It's the right change, but DOG I'm sorry to say you done goofed by not nerfing other staples in the same pass (Sac was kind of, but Gale, Mobi, etc. deserved the same treatment).

The TfB change makes it terrible though. And we didn't fix Devotee.

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

TfB is much, much more situational.

16. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

The refund didn't change amounts, just when you get it. It was always backloaded, now it's just more-so.

I think the change was a very tactful way to lower power without shoe boxing.

I think it was a great change and has the desired effect 2x to 1x

Ballballer likes this.
  17. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Gale is a tough one. There really isn't a way to change it without gutting it, or just upping cost more.

I feel sac is in a good spot, but I come from the days of 25 Nora 100% refund, so I may be off.

18. borice45

this feels like a lost cause trying to talk sense into u

19. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I didn't ever really want to run TfB before. I think I would've gone with Res Phys 3 and Nature's Connections + Camo if a Plant.

Actually that's OP and I didn't really think about it hard enough.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Wasn't thorn collection always physical damage? or did they change that sometime with the re-vamp i don't get it.