Hippo Rider

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Makorov, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

The f*cker needs a nerf. I'm currently running two, and he has massive damage output plus HP for too little Nora.

What if he had Trample moved from upgrades to base
    and replaced with Break the Line?

This will bump his Nora cost up a bit (by 5-6 if I'm not mistaken) without giving him too much as Trample is just an ok ability (coupled with charge, I suppose it's a little better than ok). I can't imagine anyone taking Break the Line over Heavy Charger, so it would act as a bit of a sandbag.

Thoughts?

2. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

I thought he's a great rune since I feel FS lacks cheap melee runes that are cheap in nora and/or easy to obtain and do decent damage (bloated toad I'm not looking at you), the charge 3 really makes him that much more mobile. The alternative is darkmarsh zealot, however he is not very mobile and not as tanky... shock toad is actually pretty damn good, but alas he's not a boghopper!

I suspect if other runes receive their much needed buffs, he might not seem so strong at all?

3. Makorov

I think you misunderstood the post.

He won't be losing any abilities. In fact, he'll be gaining one. It'll just happen to be an ability no one would take over Heavy Charger. Trample was moved to base just to increase his base Nora cost.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Why can't he have gore too? Why does everyone dislike gore so much? It's a permanent 1 dmg dot until cleansed. Perhaps Hippo rider could get absorb too because its so fat its blubber sucks up arrows.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Muck Dragon is better than Hippo Rider as a cheap melee slot.

6. Makorov

I've found Hippo Rider to be more than just cheap meat. He's got massive damage output and a way to easily close the distance between him and a target. It's pretty easy to one-round things with him.

But I'll give Muck Dragon a try and see which I like better.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

hippo rider is a 2x2, he will surely receive a nerf in the next patch. I agree that he's a little OP.

8. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

I understood your post, I just wanted to... feel the power between my legs ~_~

9. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

It is pretty much exact the same champion as sarnghavian centaur, but with 12 more hp, 1 less def 2 less damage and 1 nora cheaper.
    Crocader guardian is also almost exact same, but he is 1x1, has 1 less damage, 9 less hp, has gore and is 4 nora more expensive.

I dont think any of these is more op as another, heavy charger is just a nice ability. From those 3 I would probably consider hippo rider the weakest and crocader guardian the strongest if you consider the synergy with skeezick herder.

10. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I just don't see the "OP"

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The synergy is nice, too bad herder itself is borderline shoebox, and croc isnt used because of lack of synergy otherwise. Also, he is sitting at 7 speed for mid 60 nora which is nice.

12. Makorov

I take a look at the champs you mentioned and compare them to Hippo Rider.

Later.

I'm too lazy right now.

13. Makorov

Ok, let me see if I can help you ;)

Hippo Rider (+Banner) =

HP: 66
    Attack: 11
    RNG: 1-2 (This is here just because I think it's nice. Doesn't really have anything to do with why I think Rider is OP)

Charge 3 helps it close the distance (+3 dmg)
    Heavy Charger will allow to it to do (using 11 dmg as base) 21 dmg

And this is all for 62 Nora.

If this doesn't seem like much to you, then I guess that's the difference between an Exo Leaguer and Limited Leaguer ^^

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Love the Trample dance so much. Bypasses all defense abilities.

15. Makorov

It does? Even Tough and Resist: Physical?

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

bypasses scale mail i know that.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I stopped running hippo rider because he just dies so easily 2x2 units are generally bad and on most maps deploying hippo rider is almost like a free kill for the opponent. On top of being a 2x2 he has no defensive capabilities and is easily one rounded himself, i maybe get 2 charges off before my opponent ruins him that's just me though.

18. Sealer0

"dies so easily"

Just because I can one round Vindrax it doesn't mean that he dies easily. Hippo rider is tanky in comparison to other units in similar price range, and with similar offensive abillities.

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Hence i said that's just me though. My main issue with him is him being a 2x2 some maps deploying a 2x2 is just a lol for instance sp map with 4 fonts.

20. Sealer0

For a roadblock he's doing his role well, even on that map.