How to retain new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macrules, Aug 7, 2014.

1. macrules

macrules New Member

In order to enjoy Pox to its fullest you need to be competitive and at least win a few games. I have observed that there are very few players still playing after 200 games who have won less than 30% of their games. I don't think anyone enjoys being obliterated by higher ranking players.
    Golf greatly expanded their player base by introducing a handicap system, less skilled players can now play competitively with their more skilled friends. When Sony was looking for a solution to retaining new players someone suggested implementing a handicap system into Pox but the Devs at the time dismissed it as being too complicated.
    We all know what a competitive advantage it is to posses an extra font. I propose to give an extra 10 nora per round to all uncommon league players as a handicap bonus and an extra 4 nora per round to all rare league players. This would go a long way towards leveling the playing field and making the game more fun for new and less skilled players and a more competitive game for higher ranked players when they are inevitably matched up with a new player.
    My son who programs in java says it shouldn't take more than ten or twelve lines of code to implement such a system.
    Just my two cents

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

If anything, a handicup should cut stats.

Giving nora would mess the understanding of the game.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

they should make a mini-game

4 support runes and 1 champion under 60 nora.

you can win by holding an X point for 3 consecutive rounds, or killing the enemy champion.

the matches would be short and teach them how to fight 1 vs 1 and hold points.

Goyo likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

False.

Boozha, MEATMAN, Moglieone and 2 others like this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This idea seems cool but i think they just need to not allow long time player's to abuse multi-accounting. When a new player get's his first game against a guy who played 8k games on another account doesn't make for a fun experience.

6. Cruz

Cruz The King of Potatoes

doesnt matter what changes are made, game cant grow because the lack of good single player.

pixniri, yojinba, Krokodil and 4 others like this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Very good point. I agree the games needs better single player but the people keep wanting better pvp experience but truth is some people just wanna beat on some bots or beat on some bots with friends.

8. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

What would really be cool is 2v2 singleplayer against bots.
    2x2 pvp was a failure because of balance problems, single player that doesn't matter since bots do not care about fairness.

9. yojinba

yojinba New Member

Noob* Helps in ranked sorted by importance and ease of implementation:

1) 3 min timer.

2) Option to reject a match against a player with much higher rank. Yes/No in queue or game options.

3) Show oppent's nora.

4) Show opponent's complete deck before the game starts. With possibility to remove up to 3 runes from it.

5) Possibility to reverse a whole turn. Max 2 or 3 times a game with 3 rounds in between.
    (The opponent gets a small amount of gold to compensate)

*noob = (ranked games < 30) or (player level < 30) or (something else)

10. Tidus

Tidus New Member

By allowing you to choose maps