Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Miner needs lumbering removed, attack physical remove, damage to 0, and speed to 5.

47 nora.

Im tired of miner not doing ANYTHING all game while SL has leeches that gen more nora, and do damage.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

What exactly would the purpose of this be?
    They still wouldn't do anything most of the time

People are biptching on Deep Dwarf because it can cap fonts. Wouldn't Miner be in the same boat?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

SL has leeches that only generate 3 nora each, plus a share of whatever your opponent generates, if any. Otherwise they're just meh champs. The other way to use one of them is for the Flame Dragoleech to generate 15 nora with a cooldown of 2, plus 3 every round, but at a cost of 10 fire damage to a friendly champ. That's in place of the Nora Leech ability. Against IS they are best since IS has a fair amount of nora gen.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Deep Miners cost 25 Nora and can cap side fonts which is the problem. Ijabs version would cost 47 which is almost twice as much. They do generate more in the long run but are more of a tempo hit.

What would the cost change be if Lethargic was instead of Lumbering?

5. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

+17nora.

Also it's looking like Deep Miner has had some manual adjustment.
    I'm getting a total of +13nora after all the abilities are removed from her, so she's apparently 59nora sans abilities which just doesn't seem right for the stats especially since Scorched Dwarf comes out at around sub-30nora sans abilites for +1Dmg/-5hp.
    To clarify: 46n base, +6n Vuln: Acid, -18n Nora Miner 3, +25n Lumbering.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

@Lubanja because other factions nora gen is off the charts these days in efficiency that's why. Look at every faction. Soul collection+ dead eater, flame sipon+ nora miner, a tree bg patron that burns vuln-fire for nora that is more than a miner can produce in a round on a unit that has both combat utility and high powered range.

Nora miner was nerfed with the recosting in fact. She was 44 nora(her suggested balancing cost for revamp apparently) then she was made to be 46.

She costed 47 nora pre-vamp, 44 on revamp and is nora 46 nora post "algorithmic adjustments"

She is a 4 speed, lumbering unit with 3 damage and attack physical as a sand bag with a built in vulnerability now. People complained about her last hitting with Dwarven king for 6 damage in those warcry dominance days, but those days have long passed. I can see her getting updated to make using her less of a bullet in the foot early game and less of a walking 2 speed mini font.

She can get helpless for example over lumbering atleast so that way we don't have break phalanx early getting fonts and all that.

7. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Add this to nora miner: "If champ has moved this turn, ability will not activate. champ loses all ap at end of turn." - then remove lumbering, spd to 5, nora cost to 39.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What about:
    Get rid of any modifiers.
    Speed to 5
    Damage to 0
    Remove Attack: Physical
    Nora Miner 1 to base.
    Extraction to Base
    Remove Nora Miner 2&3 from upgrade set 2
    Move Lumbering to upgrade set 2
    Easy Target added to Upgrade set 2
    Lethargic added to upgrade set 2

I havnt done the math but I think that cost should be roughly the same. She would be faster if you want to take the easy target or lethargic build. Nora miner 1 + Extraction would average 8 Nora per turn instead of 9 so it would net less in the long run but would gen 18 on the turn following deployment making the tempo hit less noticeable.

9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

seems like just changing it to change it. Nora MINER was always the champion with miner 3. If anything, the other options need to be lowered to her lvls.

Lubanja and sassquatch like this.
  10. Tarth

Call to arms was bugging for me in that I had 7 stacks of it and it was not working on all my barbarians in rune dock. Only a few were getting any discount ( like 2-4 nora) and some were not being discounted at all. This is from a barb guardian and a kinsmen being out. ( Edit: Re tested and yea its more often then not, not giving any discount at all or only a single tick)

The warchief mechanic is bouncing even though other X clan members are out.

Wind Aura is not grounding all units, only flying units which means the whole storm clan buff on him is sorta not getting any boost from non flying units. ( EDIT: Yes I understand that grounded is just " doesn't have flying" but the spear ability targets flyers or grounded units, so its kinda not really needed. That being said, bola attack applies grounded to non flying units so there is no reason for Wind Aura not to when it says all champions with in 4 spaces are grounded)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm curious, were you running any of the pally barbs that used to be humans? They may still be registering as Humans and not getting the CtA discount.

12. Tarth

not in the testing no.

13. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

A thought I had about our nora miners was to change the nora miner ability on her completely. Make it an activated 3-4 space tunneling ability that gives different rates of nora depending on what terrain she is digging through. Rock/earth would be like miner 3, water/ice miner 2 and sand miner 1 or some such.
    Gives her mobility and something to do besides just sitting there, and introduces some flavour around the actual mining of nora.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'd love to see Nora Gen in general be more active. Kinda like how Extraction requires AP and a target space that then gets turned to Ooze. Something like:
    Nora Miner: Rock - [AP:3, CD: 0] This ability may only be activated if it occupies a Rock space. This unit generates X Nora and the space it occupies permanately becomes Dirt.

Downside is that turns are too short right now to have to worry about microing your Nora gen.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ironfist Stronghold

Champions
    • Tundra Barbarian
      • Upgrade Set 2: Damage Shield: Frost 3,Shatter (default),Ally: Savage Tundra
    • Euan Ironfist
      • Upgrade Set 1: Battlemaster 3 (default),Prestige,Battle Leader
    • Ironfist Inquisitor (Limited Edition)
      • Races: BARBARIAN
    • Archangel of Al'Mara
      • Speed increase (+1)
      • Starting Abilities: Attack: Magical, Flight, Abuse Charged
    • Inquisitor Isran
      • Races: BARBARIAN, HUMAN
    • Charger Knight
      • Races: BARBARIAN
    • Northern Cross Priestess
      • Min Range increase (+1)
      • Starting Abilities: Mark of Al'Mara, Attack: Electricity
      • Upgrade Set 1: Cleanse,Cleansing Flame,Call: Celestial Spear (default)
    • Northern Cross Cardinal
      • Races: DWARF
    • Aria the Priestess
      • Defense decrease (-1)
      • Min Range increase (+1)
      • Starting Abilities: Attack: Electricity, Taunt: Aria, Mark of Al'Mara
      • Upgrade Set 1: Cleanse,Cleansing Flame,Call: Celestial Spear (default)
      • Upgrade Set 2: Heal Champion 3,Heal Mass 3 (default),Grant: Magical Aura
    • Euan Ironfist
      • Upgrade Set 1: Battlemaster 3 (default),Prestige,Battle Leader
    • Elite Skirmisher
      • Races: BARBARIAN, BEAST
    Spells
    • Groble Strike Force
      • Nora Cost decrease (-10)
      • Description: Summons a Groble Rock Eater, Groble Piledriver, and a Groble with no upgrades and Aggregate to the nearest friendly deployment zone.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Was GSF just buffed? I'm reading that change but my eyes keep snapping back to -10 nora.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm not even certain. I'm curious if Aggregate causes life loss or if one of the other grobles take Physical damage that the GRE will heal.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes, yes it was.
    I'd bash Markoth more but it seems he does that all by his own. Kudos.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's LoL. The spell is now trash. Markoth, please pass on my contempt to all the idiots who thought that was a good idea.

20. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

This is exactly what the entire community wanted, though.
    Trash tier summon spells.

Be careful what you wish for on the forums, guys, because you just might get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.