How to approach Champion EXP and Upgrades (+Poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, Mar 8, 2014.

?

Champion EXP & Upgrades

1. All runes are fully leveled (CP'd) and the player chooses 2/4 upgrades

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Runes require leveling and the upgrades +/- the nora cost of the rune

17 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Keep the current system

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Remove level/upgrade system

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Completely rework level/upgrade system

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Have each rune levelup to gain a predetermined ability

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Other (please explain in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ogre

Ogre The King of Potatoes

Upgrades should add nora cost. A non-upgraded rune should be just as tactically useful as a fully upgraded one.

2. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

all fine just reduce the price on them: like 1000 gold for one of those token packs ty

3. killabud69

killabud69 The King of Potatoes

very carefully with weapons drawn

On a serious note I'm on the fence with it. One thing to consider though is Wish would need to be reworked if there was any change

4. Ogre

Ogre The King of Potatoes

Cannot is one word. ;)

killabud69 likes this.
  5. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I disagree with you. You can buy packs with gold too. Some people just find something to complain about.

Having to level up champions is a pain, especially for new players who are already at a disadvantage, not having many runes or experience.

6. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

im all for removing CP.

7. Arzachi

Arzachi New Member

The choice should be there, it makes even a single rune can be played differently. But CP exp...is a no no...time consuming to make some ppl with low cash to spend and/or limited time to play will spend times to constantly training.

8. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

The original upgrade system just require a bit of exp to learn an upgrade but increase the champ nora cost too. Etc 30cp for a champion to learn teleport but also increase the nora cost by 10 nora. So even if ur champion is not fully lvl, there is not that much of disadvantage as ur champ cost less nora.

When change to current system, it tried to simplify things by keeping nora cost same but still held on to the cp but req 100cp n 200cp for upgrades.
    End up non fully lvl champ is at disadvantage n it can be quite a chore to grind cp.

Vote for fully levelled champions with 2/4 upgrades.

9. Trill

Trill Member

Either the old system or something entirely new is the only way i would vote on this, when they removed the old system SOE said it was "confusing to new players" so they achieved the purpose of dulling the games deck building and champ strategy immensely.

It was then switched over to a system that you level and choose 2/4 of the abilities, the problem currently is 90% of the time 2/4 of those abilities are the obvious choice making this system redundant.

So now if we remove the leveling part of the system and players just choose 2/4 of the abilities you may as well just remove the system entirely; and just add the obvious choice of the 2/4 upgrades to the champions base "whats the point really?".

I for one am against removing the leveling system. Something entirely new or based around the old system, will give Poxnora more diversity in play styles and deck building. Poxnora already lost most of it's strategy when SOE destroyed the original system lets not dull this aspect of the game any further please.

10. Arzachi

Arzachi New Member

I didn't realize it was like that before...I guess all I remember is 200 cp for fully upgraded which takes lots of time to get
    Less exp n something with nora increase is good, but there's 1 thing I'd like to ask...with the low exp req, a rune can fully upgraded fast, can we "choose" not to upgrade ? (if we think the nora increase isn't really needed for such rune) of course it may be a rare chance since most of the case more abilities means better

If we can choose whether to have the rune in upgraded, partially upgraded or fully upgraded, then I suppose I'd change my opinion from 1st to 2nd choice

Trill likes this.
  11. Trill

Trill Member

You where allowed to alter the champions base stats "speed, dmg, def, hp" each had a set amount of nora increase to the champs cost; it also would also ramp up so the first point would cost less nora than the second point for obvious reasons.

You could then switch over to abilities and there was a small list of abilities "not every ability again for obvious reasons" that champion was allowed to upgrade into.

This allowed you to either leave the champion as is with his base stats and abilities and use him accordingly, or pay a premium to boost him further.

You would almost never see the same two Battlegroups with this system, and the exp/cp factor was fun as there was limitless ways to build your BG.

GameJack likes this.
  12. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

OMG right I had these like 90 nora mirevixens that hit like a truck. =)

Trill likes this.
  13. Arzachi

Arzachi New Member

Sounds good, it gives even more diversities, but again I feel the need to underline the word "Less exp" in my post
    I'd pick 1st option in case the 200 cp cost is kept, honestly that's too much, the grinding to get it as what I want really reduce the fun...that gets me "off" the mood quite often

2nd choice with "less exp" or 1st choice for me

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  14. Trill

Trill Member

There was a "CP cap" not sure if it was called "CP" which was the total amount that could be added to a champ. Ideally no one would ever go near this though, reason being if you hop into a game now just pay attention to how many times you are "able" to play a 105-110 + nora cost champ. If your entire BG consisted of this things would go bad fast! :D

15. Arzachi

Arzachi New Member

Well...1 ability choice for 30 cp compared the current 100 cp...that's my concern (number may vary though, but honestly 100 is too much for me), I don't want to imagine the CP cap of the old system combined with the current 100cp per ability, that's all
    that's an infinite "hell of training" for me...hence the "NO without less cp"

other than that, asides being good or bad, that's up to the player, so no complaining there...it'll depend on the experience n whom/what you played against

16. GameJack

GameJack The King of Potatoes

Do like the original system where we can customise freely. Any champ can become a superchamp. Or go for low nora weenie.

However I think to roll back to that system may put off the newer players and the technical changes can be quite a hassle on the dev end.

Trill likes this.
  17. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Yeah we were waxing nostalgic =)

Good stuff that original Octopi Poxnora

Trill likes this.
  18. Trill

Trill Member

I actually agree with you, although i love the old system at this point and time it would be foolish to go about immediately reimplementing the system. Poxnora has a laundry list of other things that should be far ahead of changing the level system atm.

19. Trill

Trill Member

Indeed it was!

20. ZWindKami

ZWindKami The King of Potatoes

Good point to re-iterate that. Still that has been wait out dated. Also I test most if not all my new deck in rank plays. The competitive feel is something you can't get against AI or other test deck in training ground. Glad we share the same view.