what is OP right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badgerale, Sep 2, 2014.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

if only sl units had ways to heal...or perhaps maybe they should all gain regen, i'll look into that.

jeeperz2 and Dagda like this.
  2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I do not disagree that SL's bonus is strong. I do however disagree that it ends up often blocking "more than 10 damage from attacks". And I play the damn faction! Usually it's ~6 total damage blocked on a single champion.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

ST

PS buff stitched

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wanna play ball? I'm game.

You mean taking regen 1 on every champ with upgrades? Too bad ST doesn't have any sort of healing or summon abuse to further utilize this bonus.

5. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Champ wise the first couple of champs that come to mind (in a rush for class):

IS: War-Enchanted Groble- A 55hp, 7 spd,2 defense, adaptive IS champ. In addition to adaptive he has spellswallower and nora vitality (Say what?). Which would bring him at a womping 76 nora. I think he needs to lose both these upgrade options to slow down the snowball effect he usually has.

D.Sergeant

Bastion- Lose the combo

KF: AA- for obvious reasons. Those stats and that price are a big issue. I honestly want to suggest pariah but I dont wont to make him cheaper. Or maybe give him ethereal. Idk.

Colossal Boa- Colossal, regen and tough 3? In KF?

ST: Crystal Dragon - catalyst ability shouldn't do 6 dmg.

Owl Rider- 6 spd?

Lonx Hunter - I may get some slack for this one but I just dont think its smart to have so many hunter abilities on such a mobile, high hp champ.

SP: Moga Cannon - Lose leap3 option?

Stormflyer- Doesn't need the loyalty upgrade.

UD: Deep Elf Summoner. Less dmg.

SL: Drummer (I think there's a thread about this)

Cant think right now

Haven't really noticed much from FS or FW, champ wise. You guys know I hate making extensive posts :) .

jeeperz2 likes this.
  6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Master Axeman is the most op is champ. Colossal boa is just too much to handle, when you have 2-3 great ranged champs laying waste to you. ST crystal dragon, has to be the best champ in the game. UD I am not so sure. SP Klub and Sciean I cant wait till the hero change. Voil Stormflyer again will be fixed when loyalty is fixed. SL Vindrax and rage band. Vindrax on his own is fine maybe he should get unequippable and a cost decrease... Gekael for fs. Fw creeper, fading light is what makes it too much! Elsari sword mage will get fixed again when loyalty is fixed.

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Can't overlook that SL bonus is also a timer advantage. Math is hard.

Also the fact that it always blocks a min of 1 damage per attack is not irrelevant.

Goyo, Sirius and PurpleTop like this.
  8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

yeah that same 50 HP champ has the potential to block up to 50 dmg because of this, actually

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I hate it when my 50 1 dmg champs attack SL and nothing happens.

Grillado and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i mean in theory it could block infinite damage

just think about that for a second

edit did you think about it?

DiD YOU REALIZE HOW OP THAT IS

SPiEkY, PurpleTop and Sirius like this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think Surge 2 in all flavors is overpowered. Some champions have a low enough base damage that it doesn't seem as bad, but overall I would like to see Surge 2 go away and base damages adjusted to prevent champs from being shoeboxed.

Goyo likes this.
  12. calisk

well healing doesn't make our faction bonus any more relevant, and i'm working on snuffing out those summon abuses in the near future starting but not ending with recruiter.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

but it does ours?

I like that, truly I do.

14. calisk

yes, 10 hp on st units is 10 hp no matter how many ways you cut it, in the case of full heals or half heals I suppose it does more since those are percentage based heals and the max hp is relevant, but that is a very rare case.

damage dealt to sl units is % based on total damage dealt to the unit from attacks over the course of the match, so if a 50hp unit takes 100 damage over the course of the match via being healed repeatedly or maybe intensify triggers, then your bonus keeps working doing more and more.

the only reason I'd say st bonus is better then sl's is because it applies to any damage while sl's is only to attacks. make that argument and I agree with you

Grillado, Ballballer and PurpleTop like this.
  15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

eh DMR showed me a way to calculate it fast

Every 5 dmg it blocks 1

whether it round up or down i don't remember

16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This is a legitmate question to all the secret ST healing runes. @calisk
    [​IMG]

17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lol, so DMr taught you how to do percentages? Nice.

It still takes time to calc and on big powerturns that need a lot of micro, that time is precious.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

up to 9 damage it should take 1 off, from 10 to 14 it takes 2 off, 15 to 19 it takes off 3, and so on

that's the ff bonus. the split bonus is from 1 to 19 it takes off 1. then from 20 to 29 it takes off 2.

iirc.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

right?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is 20% really that hard on people? Like 1/5 2/10, wtf.