Comments on Profile Post by Geressen

1. ChiaoLung
    ChiaoLung
    Unfortunately, due to global warming and the rising of the waters, the sands transformed into a forest paradise and were subsumed by the treefolk.
    May 26, 2015
  2. Geressen
    Geressen
    that is unlikely. global warmer makes climate change to extremes. thus the sands get drier. it is more likely that the trees uprooted and burned in the invasions no longer keep the soil in place (cont)
    May 26, 2015
  3. Geressen
    Geressen
    (cont) thus the nutrients get washed away and the forest turns to desert.
    May 26, 2015
  4. ChiaoLung
    ChiaoLung
    Polar ice melts -> water rises and cools -> nutrients are washed ashore and trapped by the sand -> seeds sprout in said nutrients holding them in place. Global warming doesn't push things to extremes, but it will change the climate of the planet.
    May 26, 2015
  5. Geressen
    Geressen
    as someone who lives in a coastal river delta coountry let me just tell you that you are wildly overestimating the ability of both the trees ability to thrive on beaches and the ability of most species of plant seeds to survive in water.
    May 26, 2015
  6. ChiaoLung
    ChiaoLung
    :) I didn't say it would happen overnight. For what it's worth, I have a degree in marine science. It'll happen, just not overnight. It would be a period of years (probably decades) and would require the right conditions. For what it's worth, it's happened before.
    May 26, 2015
  7. Geressen
    Geressen
    the conditions won't be right, the Nora is running out.
    May 26, 2015
  8. ChiaoLung
    ChiaoLung
    *sigh* I guess the Forsaken Wastes wins in the end.
    May 26, 2015