150k Runes now....garbage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kasiski, Jul 12, 2014.

1. kasiski

kasiski New Member

I saw the revamp was out and came to check out what had been switched up. One of the first things I looked at (after my Draksar....sadness) was my Coragh, Shallaxy, and Sixul. All I have to say is...wow. Not even getting into the issue of power level, these runes became BORING! What is even the point of having spent so much time and effort getting them when they basically do....nothing. Now Sixul is the best of the three it seems, but even he has been shoehorned into one path with the loss of pull. Shallaxy has...nothing? going for her, and Coragh is pretty vanilla as well, though a bit better than poor Shallaxy. The reason I liked these runes to begin with was their versatility in choosing how to play them, is there any chance that will come back without shooting their power over the top?

2. kasiski

kasiski New Member

Never mind, seems like most of the fun/diverse runes I used to play have had their versatility gutted.

3. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Fixed that for you.

Etherielin, SPiEkY and Tarathil like this.
  4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

The problem with those runes, and many others that have been 'gutted' was that they did too much for what they cost. I'm sure we could see those 150ks come back with the slew of utility they brought....but are you really going to want to spend 150+ nora on dropping them?

All that 'versatility' was coming highly discounted, and was just not good for the game. Though, I would be fine, personally, with seeing some of what they currently have going on dropped to re-acquire at least one signature ability. Coragh does seem a bit lackluster now that he no longer eats brains.

5. kasiski

kasiski New Member

Oh god, they took brain eater too? I didn't even notice. That and the death spawn WERE Coragh.

And it is just really frustrating to have put so much time and resources into obtaining these runes only to have them become so generic. Are they okay/decent? Sure. Are they fun and exciting and a reflection of my efforts to obtain them? Not in the slightest.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Umm Harbingers are probably the most "un-obtainable" runes in poxnora they where released twice and are complete garbage now. I don't mind.

7. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

I don't understand why the time/resources to obtain hard-to-get runes matters at all to anyone at this point. Everyone was sticking their forks in this game last September, posting "farewell" threads and "well it was a nice six years" posts, etc.

And then, just because DOG are good samaritans, all of a sudden we're back to defending runes just because they have this perceived "real" value? I just don't get it.