150k Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Querthose, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Is it just me, or are the 150k/300k runes kind of...lackluster now? Power went way down on most of them, and yet cost tended to go up. I realize that's the general trend of the game, but these are supposed to be special runes. Even in my mermaid BG Princess Ctharia is sorta 'meh' (Dive 1 and Dive 2 as her second upgrade slot? C'mon guys..)

Or am I just overreacting to the fact that they're different from what I'm used to?

2. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

Can you tell me the definition of this "150k" term? Thank you in advance.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

A 150k is a rune which was obtainable for 150k gold. However due to you not being here when that was a thing you wont have a clue so I will simply list them.

FS: Sixul the worldender
    KF: Dugon, Garu Stalwart
    IS: Inquistor Magnus
    ST: K'ento, First Desciple
    FW: Coragh Two-Heads
    UD: Korona, Bok Huntress
    SL: Snogvie the antbear
    SP: Shallaxy the courier

However in response to the OP, all 150ks are near on unrunnable apart from Korona. Really hoping this gets changed in the future so they can at least get to a stage in which they are runnable but not the classic old ''rarity = power'' shenanigans.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    SlickDragon and allyorbase like this.
  4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Sony released sarinda and inquisitor magnus back in the maljaran frontier expansions. They were in the gold store for 75k and 150k gold respectively and they were insanely popular so the greens extended the idea onto each new expansion and gave every faction that rune that cost 150k. My avatar, for example, is the 150k for SP (shallaxy) which got destroyed in the revamp. Kento is yours and believe me when I say she was amazingly broken when she was released :p

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

im pretty sure his avatar is the jakei elder

6. Old NewsBuff

Old NewsBuff Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he meant for goldmonkee's faction. He's notorious for being a really good and dedicated ST player.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Magnus doesn't look bad.

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Snogvie? I'd say he's even unharmed after the revamp, not sure why. His main interaction: Deafening Aura, Fascinate. Still have all those. On top of it all, his stats are still good. The only missing part here is Distract (I won't really go for Distract,,, fascinate synergize better) and Defensive Turtle. But I still think Snogvie is still the best of them all due to Sonic Greeting.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

150k's are in a bad state for two main reasons:
    a) they are ussually on the high nora cost spectrum, to make them awesome, and we know there is a costing problem with high nora cost runes.
    b) they ussually have a unique ability, that are hard to balance because they are in a single champion, so it's like costing withot a calculator in that regard, also, they may be burdened with a badly costed regular ability, like korona who would be 6 or 7 nora cheaper if battle leader was properly costed.

10. KingJad

that doesn't make since he also stated his own avatar was shallaxy im pretty sure he understands shallaxy isn't the SP avatar

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

shallaxy now has about as many uses as a shoe with no bottom. RIP, trusted courier. You will be missed

Kampel likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Kento feels your pain.

PurpleTop likes this.
  13. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Please, you should look more
    And Magnus too

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

He was referring to his forum avatar, which is Shallaxy

15. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Coragh is still good if you are running him on a zombie bg because he can spawn two zombies on death with zombie apocalipse, and they drop nora globe with means that you get a fair refund on his expensive nora cost.

16. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Man, what is it about IS players that propels them to stomp into threads and re-direct the entire conversation to be about their faction's underpowered runes/the sorry state of their faction's power level/some other IS-related complaint?

It's just uncanny. If you don't look at the username of the poster, you could mistake them all for the same person. Is it Dresnar? Is it Iajabamaka? Is it Thbigchief? Is it JaceDragon? Is it another member of T.i.t-t.?

Drink more mead, derail fewer threads. Thx

profhulk, Vote Kanye 2020 and SPiEkY like this.
  17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

So much hate.

Tarathil likes this.
  18. KingJad

thats kinda my point

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

wow sepul angur

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think you're misreading it. Nebron said that his (nebron's) avatar (forum avatar, that is) was/is Shallaxy, which it is.