18 month anniversary!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jan 30, 2018.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

It is new compared to 11/12 years for pox

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

They may not own it but if they made it and are maintaining It, It's their game imo.

You are free to have a different opinion of course

3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Right...LOL

Edit: I love replying to necroed threads!!!

4. calisk

Heh..i figured I may as well necro the thread then make another. ultimately i'm looking forward to the 2 year anniversary at this point, I may play a game to honor the day

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

One of two things is happening

1) the game is dead and they are gonna cash in on the player made expansion for a final cash cow

2) they are going to use the funds from the final expansion for a pox 2.0

6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

well I dont think this situation is an opinion, , either they own it or they dont.
    If they were contracted to develop the game, (wich is the case), im sure it would be taking up alot of their time as even once the games up and running they would still be contracted to maintain and keep it running, upto a point.
    Whether the game is good or a flop,, im sure they get paid either way. So its probably hard to turn down a a good , steady paying gig as opposed to hoping we buy a bunch of cards.
    I also agree that the there will prolly be a new release and such, but after that who knows? I guess it depends on othe RW opportunities for Sok and his team.

7. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I'm with Xirone on this one...most of us that used to like the game are waiting around waiting on something...ANYTHING to happen. I've spent upwards of ten thousand dollars on entertainment this last year, but $0 on pox because they don't seem to want to offer anything for our money. I've always bought between 3 and 6 boxes of every new set, and pretty much auto-click buy on midterms until I get 2 of everything or enough to trade for 2 of everything. I doubt I am the only one. They've released nothing new for THIS game, but they've used THIS game to try to get players for 2 of their OTHER games. That's sad.

Gnomes likes this.
  8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I mean really...if they want some cash...just re-release white border harbingers and other lims!

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think they promised they wouldnt when they gave those, so it would be bad for the people that were there... but also there are only few of them still playing so maybe it might piss off a couple guys but be good for the community...

10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I agree, make 'em green border legendary and roll 'em out. White border people still happy (although collectors have been gone for ages now) and anyone still clinging has a shiny...

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

People are home but they do not know how to operate a light switch.

12. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

Lol if they can't think of how best monetize a product, then they shouldn't be a company.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thinking of strategies is really the easy part. Any one of us can come up with a list of 10+ things that could be tried. The problem is having the resources to flesh out the details of those things and get them implemented. At the same time, thinking of things is different from whether they work - and fundamentally, the playerbase is too small for anything interesting to be a positive ROI. Part of the reason the reskins were tried was because that was largely just Art and Design, and didn't involve Programming, where resources are limited.

If I could just push a patch myself I'd have done it awhile back just to keep things interesting for you all, but the separation of powers and all that.

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Separation of powers?

15. calisk

probably the general philosophy behind "separation of powers." in a political sense which prevents any one person from performing any action and causing a dictatorship.

a similar philosophy is absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Gnomes likes this.
  16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So that means someone on the team is against releasing the patch?

17. Sokolov

My responsibilities are design-based, so it's not within my area of expertise to do a patch and therefore I don't have access/authority to do one.

18. Sokolov

My understanding was that SOE didn't like those things for legal reasons, but I was never clear on that (along with a number of other SOE-related decisions back then).

There were other things removed too - remember the Single Rune Store? (which was making a lot of money, actually)

Dicem0ney2 likes this.
  19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I’m sure it because SOE wanted to sabotage Pox because it was conflicting with their games that’s why they bought it to crush this game to the ground and failed.

20. calisk

I bought a harb off the single rune store for like 80 bucks and that was a deal really, that was when harbs were useful, a time before "balance before fun" took over....I want my 11 ap on drop init back lol(reinforce + init on snow charger cavalry)

the single rune store was ridiculously popular back then.