18 month anniversary!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yup... Remember how much DK's and LK's used to go for. So funny

attio26 likes this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I just got why am I still here badge for 4 years lmao

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No comment.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

kicking a dead horse at this point but decided to check the announcements for an old patch when I realized the following.

the top stickied pox nora announcement is from space wars, and and most recent was from plox neon over 3 month ago. yep...another games news has been stickied for 3 months...

[​IMG]

Bondman007 and MrCharles like this.
  5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Who even cares anymore. Pox is like a roach of bud; there's not much left, but we're all gonna smoke it til nothing is left because it was some good Bane Shift and we're gonna get that much higher while we have the chance.

MrCharles likes this.
  6. calisk

Apt description

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I started playing again because at work i have nothing to do for a large part of the time and free wifi, that's cool.

Xirone, bambino and MaruXV like this.
  8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wait. What? At work you have nothing to do? This generation is truly lost on me.

Bondman007 likes this.
  9. JaceDragon

It's complicate to describe, but i have a lot of dead time.

10. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Sounds like Government "work" to me. I have several family members working as contractors for the US Federal Government and one for large state government and as best I can gather they work about 20-30 hours a week most of the year and make only slightly less than I do working about 50-60 in the private sector with comparable benefits. That's before taking into account most of them own another business or work second jobs outside of that.

My brother told me he finished everything that was reasonably necessary for his job within the first 60 days of a 6 month contract last year.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If you do any job that is reactionary - i've done security, reception, art sales, financial jobs around share trading - then there are times when simply nothing is happening. There is work that -can- be done be it is really just busy work.

12. JaceDragon

I'm an IT, now i'm monitoring the network, but i must only look if there are anomalies, if so i do something if not i keep look at this. Of course I do some interventions on the networks cabinets and so but nothing that keep my busy for more then 1h.

13. calisk

an old college friend of mine works security at night....all he does is play on his switch while sitting in his truck for 8 hours.

14. JaceDragon

Well, i didn't play anything for like 5-6 months, now that i undersand nothing will happen i'm more inclined at distracions

15. Sokolov

These kind of jobs aren't paying you for labor, they are paying you to be available when Bane Shift hits the fan. Then you earn your keep in a single, frantic few hours.

It's no different than some emergency services - you can't give them anything else super important to do because they might need to abandon it at a moment's notice.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    darklord48 and JaceDragon like this.
  16. JaceDragon

That's exactly the kind of thing i hope never happen.

17. Sokolov

Network Admin is a weird job, where NOTHING GOES WRONG and having NOTHING TO DO means you are doing your job.

Though it sounds like you are a bit more low level than that but the concept still kind of applies.

18. JaceDragon

Yeah, i'm still learning. I would really like to say "i'm still learning a lot" but the thing are very very very very very slow in the Public amministration here and even if i'm hired from a private company we work for the Ministery of justice, which is public.

19. calisk

sounds like you have a similar position to me, I work for a fairly large company that does contracts for the department of defense.

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

What month are we on?
    How close to another month are we?