[2015-02-04] Meta Usage by Rank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Single game proves nothing, single player means nothing. Quit drawing conclusions from nothing. It's ignorant.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Heroe is ranked 7th

3. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I think you are missing my point, bro. I am not saying KF is weak, in fact it is a good faction atm. I am more referring to the players that are stating that KF is dominating the meta and is overrepresented in the top 100 as a result. Does the data say KF is strong or weak? No. Does it show that the claims that KF is running the meta and allowing many players to attain ranks much higher than what they would be normally are false? Absolutely.

Perhaps you are of the mind that we should follow the mindless KF nerf callers like MW and Warfoot. Or perhaps you think you have a stronger grasp on balance than everyone else despite not playing a ranked game since November. In that case, it is you who is ignorant, bro.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Wow SP really has fallen. We have lost almost half our playerbase.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

But if you do a trend analysis, the data is not very far off point. We're talking changes of around 4%. Take into account this is a single day snap shot and a margin for error, all seems fairly equal.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Sok, you're giving people a spoon and they are treating it like a tractor. I'm going cra over here.

7. Vorian

I agree with this which is why I am trying to get some KF nerfs, so peeps will stop complaining about your bonus.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As I have stated, when looking at daily trends, I have seen no evidence that it dramatically shifts. I am working on a few more datapoints from older reports now to see what that looks like.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Look at those players that are stating that. Vorian. That doesnt say something?

KF has a few out of bounds champs, as does EVERY faction. KF's faction bonus needs a change (as has most other factions recently, FS, SP, ST then IS).

And those are all great opinions and points... it's just that that argument in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is supported or debunked by this report.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Vorian

I think a good way to judge SPs power level is whether Konung is in the top 10 or not, because he has easily got the skills to be there.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Here's what you'll find: UD is popular, SP is not, everyone else mixes in the middle with FW and ST usually towards the top of that middle. I'd say that IS is probably trending slightly upwards now that paladins (a very marketable deck) are more accessible.

Generally people love playing with Demons and Undead stuff, and dislike playing with rat-like races.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That's a terrible way to judge anything. Stop.

Queegon, PurpleTop and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Historically, the first 2 parts are true, but ST was pretty unpopular for a long time, rivaling that of SP (but that was like... early SOE days, and I am not sure if I have data from that far back anymore).

14. Vorian

Then judge things by our 5% people in the top 200.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Also a terrible misinterpretation of the cause of SPs lack in popularity. Stop.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, my own recollection goes back about 5 years, so that's the frame from which I'm drawing my assumptions.

17. Vorian

You cant blame the lack of SP popularity for us losing 5% of our top 200 players. I am not asking for buffs just no more nerfs.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Stop.

ChiaoLung, chickenpox2 and Baskitkase like this.
  19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

What about other ranks below LL what are the spread of faction uses i'm sure more SP can be found there
    most of the prominent people are between exotic to limited

20. Vorian

Do you want SP nerfed to the point where SP players cant beat other players? We have done a good job at nerfing our outliers unlike other factions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.