[2015-02-04] Top 200 Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I don't play often, nor do I play IS often, but whenever I do, Refute is in there. Gotta get better at using it though.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I kinda understand why people are iffy. It refunds the opponent 50% of the nora when a deploy is prevented so unless you refute something over 80 nora it is t strictly profitable. Using with a Favor champ drops that number to 70. However profit isnt always defined by nora trades. Pulling an opponent in to far because he thinks he can gale force or some other crutch spell is equally as amazing.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Ratios would also be helpful.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'm upset by the lack of cave dragon

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Purple cave dragons more specifically.

DarkJello and PurpleTop like this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ratios of what?

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Well you have the total quantity of runes used. Having a ratio of the number of runes to the number of bgs would give us a better idea of the overall frequency of the rune in bgs of that faction.

8. Sokolov

Yea, there are some peculiarities with that given that I don't know how many BGs there actually are.

By that I mean, if there are 60 FW runes, is that 2 FF decks? or 4 Split decks? or how many?

I could just assume that it's always over 30, of course, but it's not really accurate.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  9. Gagatek

Gagatek New Member

Sokolov, what do u say about SP runes?

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

But when you're on the receiving end of that fatal refute it can almost decide games.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Absolutely which is why I was so surprised no one else is using Refute.

12. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

How accurate is this? Shows only one Emergency Kit in top 100 when there actually is at least two.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Only shows most recent deck played as of when the report was run.

14. Flyingfinn

Yes and both who run Kit played yesterday.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What I am saying is that the report only draws from their most recent deck. One of them likely ran a deck that didnt contain kit in whatever their most recent game was at the time of the report was being run. Some like Konung played a 2v2 game with a different faction as his most recent game which is why SP showed a 0% presence in the top 10 despite him being ranked 6.

16. Flyingfinn

Oh I understand. So this chart is just giving a rough approximate of the meta.

Thanks for clearing that up.

17. Sokolov

Also, I forgot to say, I cut off everything below the 50th most used rune for each faction for the lists.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Flyingfinn and SPiEkY like this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Vorian, back me up here, there are 15 Provincial Markers in the top 100. We gotta nerf the hell out of it.

If you have the data, information on the range of runes included in top 200 would also be neat. How many unique runes are run in the top 200?

TeaScholar likes this.
  19. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

this shall be a useful list for making splits. tells me what's op in every faction

also, buff keeper of memories. only 12 in the top 200, 6 of which are mine.

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Aww, I always like seeing that one special rune I'm running that no one else is.

That way I can go "Hey, that's me! I'm the terribad running that!"

Vorian and SPiEkY like this.