[2015-02-04] Top 200 Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

For the normalized counts I did for PoxBase I did count 30 runes of a faction as a deck of that faction. It's not an accurate representation, but it does yield interesting results, easing out the curve as faction presence in meta fluctuates a lot, and you can easily infer if a particular rune has a higher normalized count than the formula would allow for all-FF decks that it's being played in splits on top of FF.

E.g.: https://poxbase.com/spell/165 - when absolute count drops from 70 to 35, the normalized count still shows very close numbers (50 is the mark at which 2 runes are present per 30 runes of that faction).

2. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

where are all the splits?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's there, on their own section.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

no one even uses unholy, see.

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Devils is running it in his UD/IS split

(but maybe he took it out after refuting afflicted corpse twice against phalganite? :D)

6. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

hehe, I was actually referring to the mere 1% of people using them :p

7. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

when I see this meta data, Im scared to see how few splits we have. I was thinking that 0.44 % KF/SP was probably mostly my games...

So I strongly suggest instead of focusing on nerfing the 3rd worst faction you devs should focus on buffing splits in all factions. If we have more splits, it means more diversity between games. A KF/SP Split game is definitely not going to see the same type of play like a KF/ST split for instance. And with splits you have like 64 different "factions", not just 8. Adding a few splittable themes to each faction would be a very good move too for helping diversity in the top 200.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You do realize that, you can run splits without running split runes, right?

Those are RUNE COUNTS. Not usage patterns in specific decks.

KF/SP runes are not used much because... there are very few of them!

A UD rune can be in UD, UD/FS, UD/KF, etc. I have no easy way to split the data in this manner right now.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. polltroy

oh ok, that explains a lot :) 0.44 % was very low...

Do we have data for spilt BG seen in play?
    Do we have data for popularity of factions and splits among ALL players (or all ranked players)

10. polltroy

If we have data for ALL (ranked) players or ALL players that have played over X amount of ranked games (to take a group of kind of experienced players, who had a chance to choose faction), then we can get a way to correct faction % in meta against popularity. There has been a lot of discussion how much the power and popularity affects the faction % in top 200 and some data that could help to correct for faction popularity would be great I think.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Experience doesn't mean skill. Profhulk has like 10000 games but he still sucks.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  12. polltroy

Well, Im sure he is experienced to make an active choice of faction, that's what im looking for in this data. Not winning skill, but knowledge of game, so data can represent popularity of factions. If we include the newbies its not really fair as they probably choose the factions more randomly.

besides don't complain about his skills, maybe he likes play low rank, or he does not play for winning, but for fun, testing different cool themes. Or maybe he is just occupied with other things when he is playing. Or has bad internet connection. Or surrenders as soon as the game looks booring. Try to be nice to fellow pox gamers even if they are not LL.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

:Squint: We dont like that term round these parts...

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

"Forasken Wastes"

Foreskin waists?

For askin' Waits?

Floral Scan Watts?

Huh?

Oh wait... look "Kithir forest"

Kid fears forest?
    Kliff Kleared da Forest?
    Kiffer Thisle Foreset?