2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'll take Voldemort over Umbridge.

Saandro likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'd like to vote for Bellatrix

If we're all about the female hype, I'd like the one that is openly cray cray

darklord48 likes this.
  3. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

It is not about having a central bank, it about have a PRIVATE central bank. For example, Syria has a central bank, but it is state owned. Syria has no IMF debt and still controls its own money. Syria's central bank is not connected to the infamous international banking cartels. Russia's bank also not privatized. USA's FED is private. England/france/Germany private (these are connected to banking cartels) One has to distinguish between private/public central banks. A central bank is ok as long as it is not privatized.

Western countries underestimate Iran. Iran has become a military power and most likely already has nukes. It can wipe out Israel with a rocket barrage if it wants to

profhulk likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I haven't voted for a presidential candidate since I turned 18. After reading enough history it's easy enough to figure out they are all owned by special interest bankers who control the federal reserve. It isn't about left/right, republican/democrat for me. It's about what candidate actually cares about America. At least Bush tried to boost the economy a little. Obama has blatantly decreased the worth of American wealth and the dollar drastically and he has also spiked our national debt to levels unheard of. He is more concerned about political correctness, creating a third world welfare state in USA and funding other countries than worrying about America. Hillary's agendas are a carbon copy of the present Obama administration. Her present actions are destructive to the American economy and I have no intention of supporting a third term Obama administration. Destroying the coal industry in Virginia are the actions of a lunatic bent on bankrupting the American economy. You kids keep listening to Cenk Uhgar and Huffpost kay. Pay no attention to policies being past behind closed doors or Barry Soetero's background.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This post really exemplifies the issue with the current political discussions in the US.

Notice how this individual says "It's not about left/right... it's about what candidate actually cares about America." This is exactly the whole "If you disagree with me, you hate America" problem that we face today and a fundamental part of the rhetoric that has led to the polarization of American politics. Instead of recognizing that people who disagree with you, can, in fact, also care about America, some people assume that the only way for you to demonstrate that you care is to believe in the same things they do.

In my experience, most people, especially those who discuss politics, do care about America - and just because someone has different ideas than me about what is good for the country doesn't mean they don't care about it.

It's the difference between thinking an opinion might have negative consequence vs thinking that the person expressing those opinions, themselves, are malicious. They are very different things and I wish people would be less inclined to equate the two.

Comissar and BurnPyro like this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Reading this is just factionally incorrect right wing bullshit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"we are the financial responsible party"

okay

Sure it's increased, but perhaps that has something to do with the... wars and financial crisis that raged under Bush's rule? Percentage wise, Obama didn't even increase it as much as Bush did, let Alone Reagan.

The deficit has gone down from 1,4 TRILLION to 486 billion

[​IMG]

Sok could probably have done this better, but eh. Show me your facts, not your talking points. Yeah Obama hates America yada yada, Bush plunged you Firkers in a recession and wars that created ISIS, but we ain't blaming him. Must be Obama. Gotta be.

Where those facts at, right wing nutjobs?

7. Sokolov

The Coal thing is pretty interesting, but there's a variety of factors:

1 - Coal jobs has been on the decline for a long time:

upload_2016-6-11_15-1-31.png

2 - Despite production increases during many of those years (productivity gains):

upload_2016-6-11_15-2-51.png

3 - Coal is increasingly seeing less use in energy production domestically...
    upload_2016-6-11_15-3-33.png

4 - With more of the Coal production is being exported:
    upload_2016-6-11_15-4-7.png

5 - While natural gas production increase:
    upload_2016-6-11_16-26-16.png

6 - Part of this is China's increase in production (and more recently decreased imports which is important since they are the biggest importer of coal):
    upload_2016-6-11_15-4-52.png
    upload_2016-6-11_15-49-29.png

7 - With falling prices worldwide:

upload_2016-6-11_15-6-7.png

8 - Demand continues to fall:

upload_2016-6-11_15-53-26.png

Is it true that some of Obama's policies may have hurt the coal industry in some ways? Sure.

Are coal jobs being lost anyway due to a variety of factors? Yep.

In fact, the only President in the recent history who saw an increase in coal jobs was Bush (and even with his allegedly "coal friendly" stance the gain was insignificant)... and he was helped when Coal peaked at an outrageous price globally. When the price tanked in 2008, naturally, no matter what Obama did, there'd be job losses.

So realistically, don't expect Trump or any other candidate to be able to do much for the coal industry - no matter how much you might believe they really 'care' about America

Note too that Oil production has boomed under Obama:
    upload_2016-6-11_15-10-28.png

Is it Obama's doing? Just like Coal... not necessarily. There are a variety of factors at play here. And that's the fundamental problem with trying to assign "blame" or "credit" to one man or one set of policies to complex issues like these. It's never quite as black and white as you might like.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  8. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

there is a way to be objective about this and avoid the whole right/left yadiyada.
    What does USA need? Nationalism
    Why? it is op. it unites people + is the most effective thing against private central banks. (we forget this is USA biggest problem?)
    What is the point in trying to solve the little problems if we dodge the biggest one.
    It is like elephant in the room, people see it and still do nothing
    Nationalism also gives people an identity.
    Lincoln used it to win the Waaarrgh
    JFK was ballin with it for a while.. a very short while but still
    Andrew Jackson used it to dodge a bullet and beat the assailant with a stick (because if it wasn't for nationalism, the crowed wouldn't have restrained the assassin)
    Look at how well nationalism is working in Russia.
    Russia also has a national religion supporting it
    Which banker is going to successfully infiltrate that?

What is the main problem in USA? FED/corporations/Zionists
    How can we solve it? Promote nationalism/weaken FED/empower the people

so Vote for the candidate that promotes nationalism. preferably One who is anti-old money influence. (like Rockefeller - most likely the wealthiest man in murika because you know his daddy and monopoly)

Clinton has no sense of nationalism whatsoever. so, no (nothing personal)
    trump. I don't like him, but he some nationalism in him and makes a few good points.
    Feels like choosing the lesser of 2 evils, but thinking about this objectively, if one has to choose, one would choose
    trump because trump has more sense of nationalism.
    so that or don't vote at all.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

All that junk has little to do with the Bush recession. Why don't you print me a stat sheet on the interest rate the FED (federal reserve bank) raised from 1998-2000. The FED hiked interest rate occurred before Bush was in office in anticipation of inflation. The inflation never happened instead the interest rate hike caused the collapse of many dot com businesses on the stock market from (1998-2000) which eventually led to a recession in 2000. Bill Clinton wasn't going to announce that he was handing G.W. Bush a recession as he went into office. For starters go look up the DOT com bust and the FED increasing interest rates. Next you want to look into the Sub prime mortgage meltdown in 2007. Why did this happen? The FED(federal reserve bank) once again hiked interest rates from 2004-2006 in anticipation of inflation. Many people taking out house loans from 2004-2006 didn't know this was happening because the CRA(community reinvestment act of 1977) forced banks to lower credit standards so people with crappy credit values could take out loans even though they didn't qualify. THANK YOU JIMMY CARTER! Bill Clinton also (INCREASED) the effectiveness of the CRA act during his administration. Reagan, Bush sr., and Bush jr. didn't expand on CRA act but didn't seek to eliminate or control it either. 2007 recession strikes again.... many ppl lose houses thanks to CRA and FED interest rate hikes. WTF does George W. Bush have to do with the FED increasing interest rates and the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act? Nothin really. JFK should of broke ties every idiot in the FED during his administration before they killed him. Fvck bankers. We need our own bank not these idiots in the FED that are bleeding us dry.

Lop likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I am "an dope"? Amazing.

Anyhow, I see how you're upset about a lot of things. I'm waiting for you to stop dodging the original point and show me how Reagan, Bush and Bush jr were liberal, America hating muslim politically correct vegans who tried to destroy the country by gathering more debt than Obama.

11. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Bush didn't start the war in Libya or Syria. Obama did. And he got a nice Nobel peace prize for it too.

That's a good point, I haven't considered that. As we can see now Syria is in war, at this very moment. Putin temporarily saved them, but I don't think the US and their coalition are giving up. And like I said before, I fear Iran is next in line.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As I have mentioned before, Obama is bombing/drone striking what, 7 countries now? He's not my pick for a Nobel Prize.

However justified those strikes may or may not be, they aren't a ground offensive war for changing (but ever wrong) reasons as we go along in Irak and see that there's pretty much nothing but some bad dictator going on, while we spend lives/money and peace to create an unstable middle east that fostered ISIS.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I don't understand. I was addressing your comment about Bush jr. being responsible for the recession.

14. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

Russia does the heavy lifting and then USA conveniently shows up to "help". USA was supporting ISIS/NUSRA before and now changed its mind? pfft. It is worse than window dressing. Better if USA didn't play a role from the start, maybe then ISIS wouldn't have become such a behemoth. USA forces are headed to the city of Raqqa, most likely because they want to capture it before Russia/Syria does so they can use it as a bargaining chip for future negotiations. US forces probably wouldn't have arrived if there was no Raqqa opportunity. They want that leverage. Iran, Hezbollah, and SSNP have also joined the fight against ISIS. The Lebanese military helps out but doesn't stray too far from its borders.

Iran can handle itself. If Iran is attacked, what's to stop it from raining hell on Israel. Furthermore, Iran's ally, Hezbollah is fortified in South Lebanon. If you look at the 2006 Israeli-Hezbollah war, Israel lost a butlload of money daily just by being under siege (katyusha rockets). - this is one of the main reasons why Israel halted its advance. The infrastructure and trade practically shut down. Another thing is that Hezbollah and Iran don't bluff. Iranian citizens are extremely passionate when it comes to defense. Iran also has S-300. Not extactly the S-500 but it is pretty solid anti-air defense. Iran is relatively much more developed than it used to be. When was the last time USA fought someone with a decent military? And they won't start with Iran if Syria is still standing. Things are actually looking better for Syria now.

15. Sokolov

upload_2016-6-11_18-55-8.png

It's true that interest rates rose a bit towards 2000, but it was still well below the levels of the first half of the decade.

Additionally, inflation was rising fairly quickly relative to recent history, and the change in interest rate there wasn't particularly out of step with FED history.

16. Sokolov

As for foreign aid and military assistance, one thing to keep in mind is that foreign add comprises of very little of the US Federal budget and less than 1% of GDP.

Then when we look at WHO gets aid...

[​IMG]

We must recognize that almost all foreign aid goes to just 2 destinations, Egypt and Israel, both are considered strategically important to US interests in the middle east.

Of course, Israel's aid is almost entirely pegged for purchases from the US for armaments... so depending on your perspective, it is either foreign aid to help an ally, crony capitalism lining the pockets of defense contractors by providing them with government subsidies, or vital to the US' interests in the middle east.

So not only is the amount negligible, almost all of it goes back into the pockets of US interests - making complaining about foreign aid as "funding other countries" kind of silly.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    BurnPyro likes this.
  17. Saandro

You are right. But Russia is already being targeted for it. The economic war and sanctions. The media smear campaign. It's pretty obvious USA wants war with Russia at this point. Also from http://www.globalresearch.ca/hillary-clintons-project-for-a-new-american-century/5530276:

''Part of the European concerns are a rise in nationalist sentiment in eastern Europe and the United Kingdom, for which the paper blames Russia, even bizarrely claiming that Russian funding is the cause of the disunity within the European Union—a claim without foundation, especially in the UK’s case.''

That's right. The mighty USA is concerned because some countries like Poland and Hungary do not want to take in third worlders who would mooch off of welfare. Why should that be of any concern to Hillary Clinton?

Also I can already tell you what will happen at BREXIT. People will vote to stay in and the result will be close like 51% vs 49%.

18. Saandro

More videos about California being rigged:

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Clinton been frauding all this time.

Like when she had Bill create massive lines in a voting place where a lot of Bernie supporters were supposed to show up.

Bane Shift like that all year long. But media and dem party dont care cause CLINTON DYNASTY though

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm currently trying to decide which way to vote on this.

It's like trying to decide if want to die by firing squad or the electric chair. Both options seem equally awful.