2v2 BG advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kraska, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Kraska

Kraska Member

I want to build a bg specifically for use in 2v2. I'm not looking for specific rune suggestions, but instead what strategies are different in 2v2 vs. 1v1? For example, it seems like the pace is a little faster, so lots of support that needs to be built up doesn't seem as practical.

What strategies do you use when building a bg for 2v2?

Thanks!

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

FW

KingJad likes this.
  3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Most of the time players enter 2v2 just for teh lulz, but if you would want to play from a competetive perspective then it is easiest to run an identical theme as your partner. There are cases where complementary decks that aren't the same type can yield strong results, but they are more complicated to arrange and build so I wouldn't worry about them until you and your partner have a better feel of what works best in 2v2.

As Burn noted, 2x FW (specifically zombies) is probably the strongest combination atm. Another strong combination is designing the two decks to revolve around pimping out a specific champ (superchamp bgs).

Either way, it is beset not to take 2v2 too seriously and just look at it as a diversion from the main strategical elements of the game. Otherwise you'll just get your feelings hurt, and we wouldn't want that would we?

chickenpox2 likes this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

do you play moga?

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Me and Taylor used to run Double FS with 2x Nora Drains, and cheap champs to be able to both deploy and nora drain on the first turn. I think we only ever lost one game with it, so if you enjoy making people rage and get a lot of free wins along the road then I suggest running that.