2x2s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anima26, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Can you please just make it so they take up 4 spaces at all times. Im fed up of failing a turn because of the dodgy way that 2x2s are. Its a 2x2 ffs. It should take up 4 squares at all time. Not be a 1x1 in certain situations.

Easily one of the most irritating things in Pox for me.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Do what i do when it comes to 2x2s... Don't use them ever..... Here's some reasons why.

1) They have always been glitchy
    2) A pain in the ass to move because of maps with inaccessible spaces and only enough space for x1.
    3) Hard to position
    4) Easier to hit
    5) Most times slow
    6) Any sort of terrain that does damage always hits it four double
    7) 2x2 units are just bad, except klub because he's a boss.

3. Anima26

I was referring to facing them specifically, certain abilities are a huge pain in the ass to figure out. Sentinel as an example will not trigger sometimes if u have 3 of the 4 spaces that a 2x2 occupies because of the weird way 2x2s are, i gale forced a 2x2 into a relic and it did not cause Knockback in any direction, probably again because i didnt target all 4 squares. Certain abilities take 1 square out of the 4 as a target instead of just all 4. Its shitty and frustrating.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've seen the 2x2 knockback interaction once or twice. It was in the heat of the game so I didn't manage to take note of it throughly.

I do know that sometimes units don't take damage if they get knockedback into a 2x2...

or maybe it's a 2x2 doesn't take damage if they get knockedback...

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Kalasle did a thread on 2x2 interaction not long ago you should take a look at it.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

2x2 will sometimes not deal or receive knockback damage. Like super71 says, it's explained fully in the Complete Rules, but essentially, all of their tiles prevent movement, but the 2x2 will only count as moving or moved into if the obstructions align with the uppermost tile of the 2x2. In your particular instance, @Anima26 , it sounds like you Gale'd a 2x2 into a relic, but the relic was aligned with the bottom-most tile. Can you provide specifics? Alternatively, maybe it had Unstoppable.

7. Anima26

If you think of a 2x2s four tiles as north east south west, the relic was adjacent to its west side. It wasnt aligned with the bottom-most tile. I galed it into it just took 6 dmg and didnt move. It almost sounds like a hidden ability of 2x2s i guess. Awkward to attack with Knockback. I know there was another ability i had along with Sentinel that didnt trigger for same issue, i do remember in Sentinels case there was 3 tiles in range and 1 that was not and the bottom-most tile was the one out of range, so i guess thats why Sentinel didnt trigger. It just feels really crappy to me. Its like theyre 2x2s but theyre not. Confusing, especially to lesser skilled or experienced players.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

We'll figure this out with diagrams at some point here.