3 exos in a fifty dollar bundle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by entropy222, Jul 27, 2016.

1. entropy222

entropy222 The King of Potatoes

That's a great way to make me stop spending money on this game

2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Well, its more like a 40 dollar bundle. The extra ten is for the limited rune.
    The rates are the same as they've always been. So what you REALLY want to advocate for are for boxes/single packs to have a higher chance of getting rare cards.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah I got 2 exos in my 50 dollar bundle, shoulda know better.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I hate this randomness ... I hate the fact that boxes are straight up more economic than packs ... it's not good for customer retention ... at least not for MY retention <.<

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

My $50 pull

upload_2016-7-27_21-3-18.png

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

ps I usually console myself with being able to craft previous expansion as of the new one. so ill eventually get em, just not while theyre hot.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I stopped buying boxes after 2 expansions ago I believe when I got multiples of every Bane Shift exo after buying x2 bundles. Definitely not buying a bundle this time as its only 2 boxes now and one limited which means little to nothing to me as their are multiple xulos limited already.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I would like to point out there is no Mega Box bundle this time around. Previous expansions had a Mega Box Bundle with 3 boxes & + 1 Lim for $50. This expansion only has a bundle 2 boxes &+1 lim for $50. Also the picture used for this new lesser bundle is of 3 boxes. Which is deceptive.

9. super71

I suppose they are trying a different "method" than doing the mega box this time around.

10. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

I don't know... was thinking about maybe finally "giving the developer some money" after playing for free for so long but I don't see anything compelling (a few looks ok but meh)... I would actually go for 500 shards + old expansions but sadly no such choice. I guess I'll wait for expansion 30 and see since I am in no hurry and generally hate pay to win or just my own perception of it (finally feeling I have farm/grinded enough runes that the runes I get from paying doesn't change much besides variety; hence "giving the developer some money").

It is sad to see so little trading going on because I remembering having generous forks helped a lot. I had to look it up but apparently I used TGRunePool to swap not so good/extra runes for other common/uncommon and sometimes rare runes (sorry for forgetting but I stopped playing for a long time and only picked up recently again). I had hoped Rune Forge incentivized people to trade more (trading extra runes I have for other runes equal in shard value) but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case (at least judging from just Rune Trader).

11. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

I only buy a 20$ pack just to save me the trading part on PB. Luckily I got 2 exos, but not the ones I need (an noboby will trade me the UD/FW one without ask for a kidney): probably you will find them in the PB stock...

For everything else, I will wait the end of the cycle.

super71 likes this.
  12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Bought a Bundle, got 2 Exos.
    Not very fun. Won't buy more this expansion.
    (I usually buy 1 Mega Box and either 1 regular box or an additional Mega Box.)

super71 likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

those of you that bought the bundle with Xulos, how many plat tokens did you get?

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ya after the last mega box bundle where I got minimum exos I just decided I was done buying bundles.

I'll still spend $20 on a box if I have the money to support DoG, but only getting 1 exo does not encourage me to spend more money.

super71 likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not even a megabox?

Announcement 1 day ahead of release?

You guys really need to put someone with some common sense in charge of these sorta things. Honestly guys

Honestly sok

Pedeguerra likes this.
  16. super71

@Sokolov People buying boxes are dropping off like flys, let the data note no mega box was a bad idea.

17. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think the reason they are experimenting with the release this expansion, with the surprise release and different megaboxes, is because this is the last expansion before the ps4 release.

Trying something new on the current small, devoted playerbase is a much smaller risk than trying it on a whole batch of new players.

SPiEkY and soulmilk like this.
  18. super71

In my opinion Sony cash cow is seeing what they are getting themselves into financial wise. Less runes for 50$ means more boxes need to be bought, but now we can just wait to forge the runes so it's not a big deal.

They should implement a system with boxes where you can sacrifice 5 packs for a second guaranteed exotic.

19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'm not really sure what there is to complain about. You know what you are getting from the bundle and you know what your chances are of getting an exo so getting just below what should be average isn't exactly a big deal.

I bought the bundle for 5k because i wanted Xulos, if I'd wanted more exos I'd have bought 3 boxes for 5400.

20. super71

Many people don't have a lot of money to spend so they wanna get something equal to their value. 50$ for 3 boxes was golden and yes I have the money to blow, but it's not worth it for 2 boxes and an alternate skin of xulos even if it is cool. Especially since everyone seems to be getting only about 2 exos outta 20 packs or 200 runes.