3 recorded matches of FW bg´s

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 25, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

BurnPyro and Krebmart did a commentated recording of me playing 3 matches shortly before SOE pulled the plug.
    I thought people might like to be able to see them on the new forum as well.
    Link to the matches:

http://www.twitch.tv/boentybuzz/b/462863113
    Click Videos in top right corner and select the one with Comentary by burnPyro and Krebmart.
    First match starts at 4:45

And my musings about the games:
    1. I used a Spirit/Lich(without LichKings) BG since it is one of my favourites.
    I love the way it can be played both rushy with Lichlings, Whisperghsts and Ethereal Soldiers or sneaky with Haunting Spirits contesting/stealing fonts.
    I was initially convinced it would be a nightmarish match for me. Stitched has good mobile detection in the Librarian and tons of magic damage so my usuall hide and seek approach would have to be changed and my Haunting Spirits would be fodder so I had to leave them off the field. My usual damage prevention in Phase Shift would allso be largely negated.

In addition to this I knew that Tyrants would be a pain to deal with since I have no 2x2 champs. Soulreave can only deal with one of them usually.
    Devils blunder with the cliffing option on the Tyrant caught me by surprice though and gave me a huge shot at taking the early win.
    Initially I thought he might have cast AP and tried to lure me into wasting the Domination, but there was no charges on the spell charged champs so I went for it.

Even with the easy disposal of the Tyrant I was not entirely convinced yet that it would be a win. I have played Stitched enough to know that with well timed reconstructs or a surprise Arise, the tables can turn quickly.
    I allso thought I had protected myself better agaisnt the Maddening echoes, but I left a gap in my dmz coverage (stupid me)
    Fortunatly for me Devils seemed to reveal virtually no reconstructers, which makes Stitched very weak.

2. This was one of my Death Benefit bg´s. It favours looooong matches and with a Font Defender in Hobbits own font, I would normally on a 2 font map stall it out and build 2 super champs while defending my own shrine/font.
    Since it was a spectator match I thought I would force the issue instead to spare the viewers from a hour long match.

The Domination to move the Defender out followed by Wake the Dead was a gamble that I have used before against Font Defenders.
    When it pays of it can win the game because people usually has not planned for the font getting contested. My Warbanner was not out though, so it was a huge gamble with their low HP.
    I hoped the skeletons would land so that at least one would still contest and then I would have been able to keep the pressure on the font with the meat from Coragh and General Korsien.
    It failed though and I had to go to the backup plan which was rushing for the shrine.

Hobbit had placed his champions a little to far away to effectively stop me gunning for it and my DMZ from Haunt protected the Doom Ball from Hammerstrike.
    With Sac altar/DR and the 3 shades I felt that if I just could get him to transfigure, the game would very likely be mine.
    As a precaution for Refute I placed the warbanner before the Sac Altar.

3. This was a straight up zombie horde. The map was not the most beneficial for zombies with all those spread out fonts and iajabs long ranged bombardment with the DMC and Corrupted Nora made it an uphill struggle with a timelimit as well. I knew I had to make a play in order to win before my time ran out.

My Tome of Hate was not revealed in a timely fashion so I was forced to transfigure, but at the time it felt ok because I had managed to surprice snag his far font with a "zombiedance"+mobilisation.
    One of the things I was really happy about was that iajab wasted nora on the Holy blade of Valdac, since my zombie BG actually didnt include a Domination
    If iajab had not retreated his Redfist away from my shrine and its lonely little zombie defender early on, he might very well have succeded in getting the shrine kill. Instead it gave me time to set up defence and allowed me to take over his far font

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

awesome games :)

3. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

I will have to skip through them at least

4. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Watched the first game. Good move using the domi on the tyrant. Also some good placements once that Shade died. I like the idea of a lich/spirit stealth group instead of focusing on their individual theme synergies, two skeletal lerpers stealthing around with some of the lich/spirit would be a giant pain.