30 Days

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nite2kill, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

30 Days since the last major overhaul to the faction.

That overhaul had the champs costing over 79 nora reduced by about 4 nora and the under 65 nora champs raised about the same amount.
    A lot of players jumped for joy in praise of getting rid of Boon stating the faction is playable now. And with the adding of some interesting runes, Baron and G. Lich ( if you can get them), some game play has been good but real good.

My question is, Has the faction gotten better over the last 30 days? Have you seen a change where you used to get manhandled by a faction and now you smack that faction around and call it Susan? Yes I know it will take time to see the true difference of how the removal of Boon affected the faction, there are more changes to come and all that.... But are we any better Now?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wait, what?

3. Nite2kill

let me rephrase - not all under 65 nora champs had a cost increase - but most went up in cost even with Boon removed

Djangoguy likes this.
  4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

The things that I play don't got changed, as they never had boon :(

Some cheap meat got a cost increase, I feel we are on the same place as before

5. Sokolov

Hmm... let me look.

I am leaving out stuff that I remember got changed a bunch or had a massive, unrelated, cost increase (like Boghopper Zombie):

Afflicted Corpse is 42 nora in poxbase (which is a few patches old and before basic attacks got 2 nora) and 46 nora now, but has Locust Swarm on base now (which he didn't have before).

Blood Fiend is 56 in poxbase, and now 50.

Boneguard Infantry is 47 in poxbase, now 44.

Crawling Corpse is 58 in poxbase, 58 now.

Dark Familiar is 61 nora in poxbase, now 59.

Deathguard is 50 in poxbase, 50 now.

Disturbed Spirit is 57 in poxbase, 55 now.

Stopped at D, since I am seeing zero evidence they went up.

~

Of course, it might still be true that many went up in cost WITH the removal of Boon and the resulting was due to other factors... (since our patch notes don't track that). But trend wise, sub-65 champs do seem to be cheaper than they were since Poxbase was last updated.

6. Nite2kill

Executioner was moved to 69 now at 73
    Bladed Corpse 65 to 69
    Carrionling 30 to 42
    Skeletal Berserker 44 to 52
    Stitchling 44 to 46
    Lichling 56 to 60
    Dark Familiar 59 to 61

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

That statement he made has no real weight behind it. as i can't think of any that went up a large sum in nora. I find i play better overall now with my units being cheaper as it really allows me to play the attrition game to its full potential.

8. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I don't see -4 nora reduction here

9. Sokolov

As I stated in my post, Poxbase hasn't been updated in a long time, and so the differences include a myriad of potential changes, including +2 nora to all basic attacks.

The point is that I am not seeing any specific evidence that sub-65 nora champs went up in cost due to Boon removal.

10. Nite2kill

Which units

11. Sokolov

Not sub-65. And his cost changed because his abilities changed and now has 2 positive upgrade lines instead of 1 positive and negative and can get Throw Axe AND Rend, instead of one or the other.

Again, not under 65 nora. But he gained 1 DEF and 4 HP, along with the +2 nora to all basic attacks, accounting for the cost increase.

As I said, I skipped stuff that had major adjustments for other reasons, this was one of them:

Carrionling's previous base abilities: Attack: Acid, Disease Eater, Surge: Worm
    Carrionling's current base abilities: Attack: Acid, Disease Eater, Surge: Worm, Disease Aura 2, Swarm: Carrionling

He is showing as 42 nora for me. Where are you seeing 52?

Never had Boon. Not applicable to discussion. +2 nora due to basic attack cost increase.

Showing as 54 for me. Where are you seeing 60?

You got it backwards, he was 61, now 59.

12. Sokolov

Note: I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, it was more that I didn't know that that had happened, and thus, if it DID happen that sub-65 nora FW champs lost Boon but went up in cost generally speaking, I would have to figure out what happened.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Bonewing went up but got a better ability pool. No idea what broken bones was before change. defiler knight dropped 3, Elsari Votary Dropped 3, Czar of The Void Dropped 4, serkan dropped 7, soul collector dropped 21, tomb lord dropped 4, tormented priest dropped 4, utterdark specter went up but his spell resistance ability which i was running got changed to weaken spells, he also gained 1 defense. Xulos went down by 4 also.

14. Nite2kill

Its no problem
    my costs are coming from Poxbase and the rune checklist

Executioner was moved from 64 to 69 from the Aug 9th expansion then to 73 currently

Bladed corpse was 65 per pbox

Oops on Dark fam

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  15. Nite2kill

The upper tier or more costly received a reduction - my thing is the lower costing champs went up

16. Sokolov

I am not contesting these, but neither of them were under 65 nora, and they both gained abilities or stats - so no problem there :D

17. Nite2kill

OK - So let get back on track since Sokolov derailed this thread :D and thank you for the input.

The question still remains

Has the faction gotten better over the last 30 days?

Sokolov likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yes

19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Shouldn't they have been made cheaper though?

20. Sokolov