5 Legendary a deck or All Legedary Unique

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrDragco, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Whats Would You Like?

1. Max. 5 Legendarys

2.5%
  2. All Legendarys Get Unique

22.5%
  3. Limit Exos and Legendarys

12.5%
  4. None

62.5%
  1. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

Well i see people just jam legedary and limited runes as many possible in to one battlegroup.
    It block all kinds of creativity in decks and in the end your left faceing is only the same champions / decks / powercreep.
    I would like to limit the use of Legendarys/Limited runes and let players build more bgs then just take the best runes (mostly Legedarys/Limited) and play them agains noobish players and not win by skill just by the powercreep.
    I agree that you need skill aswell (I have allmost all the lege/limited and exo of UD) and still am not in the top 100 ^^.But am really sad to see so little creative bgs thats why i think we need to make room for some othere runes then Legendary/Limited ones but at the same time i got the feeling people will just jam exos instead of Legedary .

I do think exos should be limited aswell but dont know if its nessesery, would be happy to limit just the Lege/limited ones.

RedScarlet likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Something I learned: if you want creativity, bring it yourself.
    This kind of limitations only hinders that creativity.

3. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

Well i do try to play bgs with little as possible exos and legendarys but you have to say
    skill + lege vs skill + uncommon creative bg

the one with skill + lege will allways win.
    and if you wanne keep playing this game you need to win aswell with your creative bg.. if you will lose 100 games with your o so cool made fun bg you will fast join the powercreep

4. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

I dont know about you but i like a deck i love to play then a deck i have to play.

5. Boss

Boss Member

As you can see and compare, of course the more the higher tier rank (Exo,Leg,LE) the more good rune that is. If I were to chose if I got all high tier runes I'd probably put all Exo,Leg,LE on my BG. but the thing is its not possible bec. it needs a lot of $$$ to have those runes.
    And MrDragco you got a point on there. I agree with you. if your talking of the fairness of the game.(rich and poor are equal) Its all about strategy. not money=power.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What about limited tourneys and matches?

7. Boss

Boss Member

what do u mean? I'm not used in tourney since u need ticket i guess... I rather spend money to buy runes than to buy ticket.

8. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Implying that you can't have creative BGs with Legendaries..

9. Unsmart

Unsmart New Member

Rarity =/= power.

Is my Firk Prophet as powerful or splashable as your Dwarven Excavator? Limiting the number of Legs per bg or giving Unique to runes that don't need it isn't going to add to creativity at all.

The most powerful decks certainly aren't the ones with the most LE's in them.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What about limited tourneys and matches?
    I mean, let us limit our custom matches and periodic tourneys as [max 5 legs], [no legs], [no exos], [only commons], etc

11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

tourneys are expensive... but anyways to MrDragco
    its always a pleasure beating the hell out of UD BGs full of:

1 Korona, 2 Hekatian Voidraker, 2 Hekatian Arbiters, and 2 Hekatian Bloodguards given all of them are >150,000 Poxbox value

vs

My 2 Hyaenid Spearman, 2 Voil Stormflyer, 1 Moga Cannon, 2 Mud Elemental...

Voil Jester/Garu Den Mother/Jakei Elder/Griffin Rider/Wizard of the Ways/Elven Bard is always more troubling than most LEG or EXOs. I always thought Slag Overmind > Voil Transporter because Voil Transporter have the exact same role, but costs 16Nora cheaper.

What's unbalanced (most of the time) is when LEG and EXO have a Nora price tag <80 Nora. Most of the time those are imbalanced (e.g, Augur of the Deep). And I totally agree with you... powercreeping blocks creativity... all those sub-par racial/combo synergies are jsut trampled on by OP fast rush sissy BGs (lucky xcavators and AotD are crippled now)

12. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

when did nerf threads become creative?

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

January 20, 2009.

The following pic should clear up any confusion about the date:

[​IMG]

profhulk and Monyx like this.
  14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see a point system used for deck creation. Where the various leagues had differing deck point allotments. So for example 1 pt for a common, 2 for uncommon, 3 for rare, 4 for exotic, 5 for leg/lim. in addition to all lims being unique and of course the 2 rune per deck limit already in place. What the pt values for each league should be is debateable, but even the lowest league should have room for at least 1 leg in the deck. At the highest league of play, the pt system should allow for quite a few legs though. When you make a bg you can select which league you want to compete in, assuming you don't exceed the maximum pt allotment.

note, this idea does not presume nor require that rarity = power. its just a way to provide different play spaces for those who think it matters. more ways to play = more players. And for those who aren't affected by rune availability, the various leagues would simply be more opportunities to challenge their deck building skill. it would create more than one meta to try and conquer.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Make legendaries unique temporarily. Try it as an experiment. Lets see what meta decks look like after a month. I love making creative decks even if they get stomped by ****** bags running all exo leg UD/FW splits. I feel your pain Mr. Dragco

16. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

1 Legendary in a deck would suck. I like to play themes, and that means only 1 Ferren Dancer, or 1 Outlaw, or 1 Fae Oracle. I get what u are saying, and i've said in another post there should be multiple leagues, No rules league, 6 Exo/Leg League, and No Exo/Leg league. Then people could play along those lines as they choose. Forcing everyone to play like that with no choice would suck. Atm, people without legendaries have the choice to obtain them, but we would have no choice when it comes to not being able to play them.

17. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Sweet pic, i remember that day well.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I chose a different path on 11/08, but still cool to view such an iconic pic and remember history was made that thar day.

On topic:

I opppose limiting limits that limit virtual limitations. Savvy?

Lanfear likes this.
  19. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

I opppose limiting limits that limit virtual limitations. Savvy? Robotic