5 SPDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2015.

1. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I forgot he got accrue, shaman does not need the speed then. Launcher has lumbering, without a speed boost I can't really see him doing much.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Reckless Spell hack and moga boom vendor, or just 1 of them.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Non sibling cyclopses
    Cave dragon
    Peaks dew

4. Vorian

We are the slowest faction in the game, which is why our units tend to have better melee and tanking abilities. With SP you dont pay for speed or abilities you pay for damage, hp and def. Its the same with IS. SL is the third slowest faction KF is the third fastest faction without their bonus, so with them you are paying for abilities, range and speed.

We have 5 speed mogas which have 4 speed without a g'hern nearby, and you have people complaining moga are op. SP players just take it on the chin, and they dont complain about their faction being the slowest 1 in the game. I think the reason people hate losing to moga and cyclops, is because they are embarrassed that they have lost to such slow champs.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  5. m007kuzya

m007kuzya Well-Known Member

He is support. I think he is not need 6 spd...

Ye, +1!
    Now he is almost unuseble.

Also it is will be great a +1spd for Necromancer.
    Because with 5 spd it is hard to summon skeletal and do something else in battle. If it is not very expensive - +1spd welcome :)

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Feshwrangler...

I know he has tunnel earth, but bleurgh... 5 speed on him is madness. He's designed to get into battle and hit things to generate AP and he simply can't do that.

Also, cheap so could take a slight nora increase.

jayscales1, mw24, Etherielin and 3 others like this.
  7. Vorian

Actually if you buff SP champ to 6 speed make it Feshwrangler!

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Deep Elf Temptress
    Broken Bones
    Rotmaw Creeper
    Cave Dragon
    Fallen Draksar

SPiEkY and Netherzen like this.
  9. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Arctic Trutle
    Frost Giant
    Lonx Hurler

Goyo and Beasts for life like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what speeds are draksars nowadays?

mw24 likes this.
  11. Vorian

6 speed the same speed they have always been.

Geressen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Good, Steam version of pox doesn't work for me yet, planning to get back in the game so I deleted all my BG's. was going to build new draks today.

13. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Soul Siren
    Most needed

Cleric of Unrest

It does not hit hard and it is not a pure support either.(curse 2 does some damage) It depends on the cost, but I really love to have some buff to liches.

Fallen Draksar
    Even with 6 spd would u run it? The problem is much more than just being too slow.

Dark Apprentice
    No need at all, its abilities are all for support except basic attack(removing it and decreasing the cost would make it much fit), just stay behind and use Worship: Lich and Lich Apprentice, I prefer to buff other liches.

Deadwood Strider
    It would be much more runnable with 6 spd.

Rotmaw Creeper
    I have no idea about worms. Probably needs a buff since worms are very little seen.

Beside mentioned above:
    Zombie Behemoth
    6 spd would make it quite a runnable cheap meat.

Necromancer
    Same as Fallen Draksar. No idea why it needs Summon Skeleton(3).

Risen Moga
    Already quite often seen in zombie BG. It depends on the cost.

Dusk Creeper
    I think it is fine with 5 spd.

Wandering Zombie
    Often seen in zombie BG. It depends on the cost.

Corruptor
    Can be quite a big change to it.

jsat, Nite2kill and XFurionsX like this.
  14. Vorian

Draksar are strong atm because regen got a 1 nora decrease in cost per rank.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

LIES ! DRAKSAR FOOTMAN IS 5 YOU FEMALE KANEN!

Firk you for trying to deceive me.

limone1981, drathys and MEATMAN like this.
  16. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

the first 1 is :
    Kiergana I didn't understand why he nerf to 5 at the beginning
    Circadian can get back to 6 after u change Semi Aquatic
    Hurler too
    maybe Deep Leviathan

drathys likes this.
  17. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could you just change the maps? 95% of the reason why 6 speed is better than 5 is because it caps fonts earlier which gives you 12 more Nora and forward deployment (that can save you nora in the Long run as well). This also applies to why 8 is far better than 7 (despite 7's ability to eat 9).

When it comes to fighting etc it really does not matter as much. This is why that ability which gives +1SPD to 5 SPD units is only "ok", because you miss out on the benefit of speed when it really matters - early game.

As has been said, giving accure (even to 4 speed champs) or other non-direct ways to get to 6 speed is also a good option for almost every champ who is not already 6 speed. The only exceptions are going to be highly efficent champs (Rockforger) or champs who do not care about font grabbing (lumbering Zombies).

18. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

lets don't talk on kf champs until they change the spd bonus

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

See that's the question. When you speak about 5spd's do you mean 5spd's with absolutely no mobility enabler's? For example @Nebron 's example of Warwizard, it's a 5spd with access to both AP-gen and, more aptly, access to Teleport 1/2.
    At that point do we argue that Warwizard is a pseudo-6/7spd? Or, for the example of this thread, do we argue that only abilities such as Accrue/Opportunistic/Ready allow a 5spd to qualify as a pesudo-6spd.

If it's latter I'd argue for three cases:
    1) A 5spd support champion, especially with the general down-speeding of champions, is not necessarily a bad thing.
    2) A 5spd ranged champion, notably within the 4/5-6rng boundary, can be runnable but would benefit from pseudo-6spd enabler or a mobility ability.
    3) A 5spd melee champion would most definitely require either, and would be better for both, a mobility ability such as Leap/Teleport/Manic or a pseudo-6spd enabler.

There are of course outliers in any example but I think this manages to grab most of the trouble areas.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I liked it better when the SL and UD bonuses cancelled eachother out...

sorry, reflex.

SPiEkY likes this.