5 SPDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

He is a Demi-God. I fail to see any complaints with him.

Hawkorps likes this.
  2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Have you tried playing draksar in limited recently? They are like lonx without logistics, synergy, sunder, or a hero. I made a draksar bg recently to see how strong they were after the most recent changes, it still got destroyed in limited especially by meta bgs. I can play any themed bg at an average or above average level at the least. You can test your draksar against me if you want. I don't think you will stand a chance against any factions meta bg in most games against a decent opponent with draksar.(fw doesn't count) Firk and Lonx are much stronger than draksar and still aren't as good as meta bgs.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Drakkies have more racial spell support than pretty much anything else out there.

And yes, I have played both Drakkies and skeez recently. My primary deck of late has been my myxsex deck, but I do have perfectly viable decks for both skeez and Drakkies available to me.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

He is like 89 nora. He is nothing compared to an actual hero. You must have forgot how strong many of the hero are. talgar,juya,gekaal,kartch,vindrax are some examples.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Heroes always matter.

See : the rest of SL's durguns

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Valdac part of crazy op combo to give birdman attack magic.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Your winrate will drop a lot playing primarily skeezick or draksar over myx. Especially playing draksar. A bg just being good enough for a player whos good with it to maintain limited isn't good enough. Draksar and skeezick hold you back at the moment compared to meta bg or strong themes like lonx or firk.

Players I would normally beat would have much more success against me on average if I used draksar or skeezick instead of a powerful theme or meta bg. My skill level with draksar and skeezick is about the same as with any other bg I play.

Once draksar are good they will be played a lot more often in ranked. Draksar are the main race of SL and a popular theme as well. The only reason people including myself don't play them is because they are much weaker than what is primarily being played in ranked.

9. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Fun fact, I've not lost a single game with either my skeez or Drakkie bgs.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Speaking of which, last time I messed with Chosen it didn't get removed when you redeployed and while the 10% rebate didn't stack, the CD reduction did. Was that ever fixed because it got dumb past a certain point. And there I was with no AoV to abuse it.

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Poor Lance admiral, his 16 dmg always in my heart

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I only ran it once, never realized it was bugged. So... shrug.

14. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Sprite. this champ is unrunnable in split, and pretty crap with the (current) FF bonus. Plz.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

How about I play against your draksar bg with my alt account later. I play kf on that account, I can get you some losses and you can boost the account to top 25 and its 95% winrate at the same time. We can count the number of draw wins I get against your draksar.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

As opposed to the draw wins against Myx? Or the draw wins against Skeez?

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's really hard to draw Myx. It's why we give a lot of them to Jakub Kasper.

Seriously tho, I am not sure on what grounds one would have more draw wins against Draksar than Skeezick and Myx. It seems likely that Draksar would have an easier time against most draws due to sheer efficiency/multi-deploys.

Qucas, Etherielin, Nea and 2 others like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I will win a lot more versus draksar than versus myx or skeezick even without draw wins.

If he doesn't believe draksar are subpar I can show him. Skeezick are decent depending on map but overall weaker than strong theme or meta bgs. Myx seem really good if you survive early.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

That was a general statement. That was not relative to myx or skeezick.

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

That has indeed been my experience. With myx I have often been forced to forfeit fonts and immediately transition into stall and turtle.

The only this champ can't fight well champ in Drakkies is pope bighat. Everything else can hold its own pretty well, and given the efficiency of Drakkies you be getting more reinforcements more quickly.