5 SPDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

This would be useful to know... :)

I want to put Dryad on the list for if/when the font bonus changes.
    She's the only treefolk champ with really good alternative damage and doesn't need to be any slower.
    Also, her cost is such that she can probably bear the increase associated with the change in speed.

This too is an option for her. 6 base speed with 3-4 range at the same cost post-faction bonus change.

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'd be very sad to see that tbh. I like his role and I generally like Crushing Charge units.

3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Agreed Sirius but unfortunately I am not the leader of FS progress atm, and if Soko thinks the idea is solid, they will implement it.

I mean if there was a sudden outburst and cry to elect me towards the council and becoming Gabriel's vice president(not like I don't see all the council post anyways) and I would be able to throw in my/profhulk's 2 cents and also have better communication with the community and actually play the game.

But who knows. that's all on a big IF Sirius

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If you actually understood what was going on in the Council, you would know:
    • I don't do most of what they say when it comes down to it
    • There are no more "elections", I handpick people going forward
      • And coming here and saying this kind of thing tells me you no respect for the process, which makes me less likely to choose you
    • Also, if you ask 8 people for ideas on a rune, you will probably get 4 to 6 different answers... so... yea
    As for the Swampguard Crusher, I like him with Crushing Charge also. But his upgrades are pretty lame.

Etherielin and Sirius like this.
  5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

fire. pure fire.

5e4060c2fca6e029f33feca37f1eabf2821e02f25a6d207b8790aa54dda0a4e9.jpg

6. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Honestly- generally speaking 5SPD champs shouldn't exist. In 90% of the cases, it's an instant shoebox- which is bad champ design, imo. If you want a rune to be used- make it usable.

The only exceptions are either KF champs (though even then we have to be careful- since 5SPD rules it out in all but FF KF BGs) or those who have things like Ready, Opportunistic, etc.

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I would say a bunch of Cyclops (not the one related with Tribal Hut) but the Warwizard and the Wardrummer can get some love ( espcially the wardrummer that puts the othr 5 SPD clops up to 1 SPD and not himself!!)

8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

maybe we could shift the whole games speed back down a bit instead of buffing speed up? Might be better overall.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Speed 5 is alright if there is another ability like Ready, Teleport, or Leap 3 that give the champ movement equivalent to speed 6 or higher.

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Yes or if the primary role of the champ isn't to cap fonts or battle.... maybe to have noragen or to summon new units and not really move. Champs that are clearly meant to be fighting or capping should generally not be subject to drawwins, therefore having 6+speed or a movement ability.

I still think the main issue lies with the maps, tho.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Almsgiver- I just don't run her right now for the bad early risk draw
    Fentek servant- He actually has 4 speed which is really low i would at least like to see him get 5 as marsh awakening is very easily avoidable for an opponent and hard to rely on
    Wavecrusher- Right now he's a 56 nora ball of stats with shortlived that can only get places through deep dive if he gets hit with distract he basically gets one attack off before dying

Deadwood strider- He might be called op at 6 speed but i believe he would just be a nice tanky champ with decent speed for fw
    Fallen draksar- On the verge of being runnable but i think many people shy away from him because of the 5 speed and only race undead
    Risen moga- I would like to see him get 6 speed but i feel people might say he needs a nerf because of it he's always decent right now because he's so cheap
    Wandering zombie or zombie behemoth- One of the 2 could probably get 6 speed it would probably be behemoth because wandering has decently high damage and resist physical

Drunken thug- I have ran him many of times and he's a good cheap meat unit but without 6 speed and the is bonus he never gets played also not sure about the algorithms but look at wandering zombie and drunken thugs abilities, i am curious how thug costs almost as much.

Ironfist paladin- 3 of his abilities cost 3 or more ap which means your stuck waiting until next turn with 6 speed he could cast 2 in the same turn but is still a bit pricey.
    Weaponsmith- His provision ability gives him 6 speed but it would be nice to see him at base 6 speed so he can move a few spaces more and pummel then inspire those beastly talgars, plus a dwarf with 7 speed somehow besides heroes would be nice.

In k'thir
    frond- this rune would be completely runnable at 6 speed maybe even a top tier rune in beast bg's with boost 3 11 damage 3 def 61 hp thats efficient
    Guardian of the circle with 6 speed might be over the top as he would be probably the best tank that k'thir has but still worth a look
    Trees as a whole a lot of them could just lose lumbering and be runnable with 5 speed as their hp and def makes up for their lack of mobility except:
    Oaken Defender- would be nice to see him lose lumbering and get 5 speed he would still be slow but playable
    Sporegill- to 6 speed

St/is- sentinel of ailur recently ran him to mess around and when you pay 10 nora to be able to attack for 3 turns and he can only attack once per turn basically it's really not worth it unless you use might of ironfist. Would like to see him get 6 speed and animate last for 4 turns, right now he's not even worth the 50 nora even with all those stats.

Draksar footman- Would be a top tier rune in draksar metas if given 6 speed if he gets to strong maybe remove violent or bravery
    Dunewalker- Would also be a very good draksar unit given 6 speed also would make sand bg's almost playable again
    Skeezick drummer- for all his utility he has low base hp and def which gives him a lot of threat from range giving him 6 speed might allow him to move in flourish and get back out of harms way again
    Tainted vinecreeper- I played with this rune in my mutate bg and he doesn't get charges up quick enough with 5 speed

I don't play st, sp or ud enough anymore to know what champs they have that need 6 speed besides goblin brute

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Even if the primary role isn't to cap fonts, speed 5 can handicap your ability to capture the font closest to your shrine in the same number of turns as your opponent. If shrines granted all speed 5 champs ready for one turn, I think that would resolve the issue with support champs needing speed 6 to avoid handicapping the player.

PurpleTop likes this.
  13. super71

The main issue is with maps and sok already said he would be looking into maps and font placement. After the new map was well received it was noticed that going second your font was almost protected by the early game rush from the unpassable wall.

14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Dunewalker does not need 6 speed. And giving it to him would not make sand runnable.

What the dunewalker needs is both of his grants.

And then sand needs other stuff beyond.

Etherielin, IMAGIRL, Sirius and 2 others like this.
  15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I quite like the deepelf firedancer at five speed, while she is neither a support rune or a tank she is a cheap annoying rune and that works for her.

Leadrz and SPiEkY like this.
  16. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

Rattle slag and moga boom vendor...Never understod the -1 speed nerf that boom vendor his speed was never the issue or double tap potential...and rattle got it even worse with -2 speed...he did need to lose surge enemy as his damage potential was incredible with declare hunted to supplement...he is incredibly cheap at 55...he could afford +1 speed to make it viable for slags bg

17. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

iirc rattle slag use to be 7 speed.... lol

18. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

In general 5 speed champs aren't worth running unless they're super strong, or have pseudo speed, such as scarlet wing. They aren't worth running because of the risk of getting draw-beaten- You can't reach the first font on most maps with a 5 speed champ, so you're restricted to how many 5 speed champs you can run in a deck. There seems to be only two solutions; 1. Change maps to make them more "5 speed" friendly, 2. "Buff" the low speed champs. I prefer 2.

Imho most 5 speed champs need 6/7 speed or pseudo speed.

mw24 likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wandering Zombie is a viable 5 speed champ and I wouldn't see him changed for the world.

20. super71

I said might make it "almost playable again" before you open your mouth or use your hands to type use your eyes. To your fan boys that liked your comment the same applies to them learn to read. Not at any point did i claim this would make sand viable yet i said it would be "almost playable again" which means not good enough to be in ranked.