6/10 games are on Kthir hill map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greysands22, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Is this just me?

Is there a map that you tend to see more often than any others?

Is there a map you see least? I'd say that is forglar swamp map, I never see that one.

2. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I play on the 2 font FW Island map ALL THE TIME. And I hate that map with a passion.

I never seems to play on the FS maps either.

3. Greysands22

No I mean I just got off a game on kthir hill, requed and now kthir hill. WTH

4. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

RNG System is not perfect. And sometimes this happens

5. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Well yeah, but it's one of those moments when it happens to such a degree that we start to thing the RNG is broken. I can't actually think of a time I played on the 4 font FS map.

6. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

RNG in pox don't much affect gameplay and its cool. You draw lot of card each turn and map is big so you always have choice what to deploy. In another tcg where you draw 1card per turn and you get 3 times same card that you don't need now. That I call RNG is broken.

7. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

We aren't saying anything about the RNG of draws/bg's, we are tired of playing some of the same maps over and over due to a faulty rng. You can only replay a map so many times before you hate it.

8. Greysands22

Yeah there are a lot of fun maps I feel like I never get to play on because of this.

FS 4 font is rare
    Nora glades is rare
    UD maps are rare
    Large ST map is rare

It's just not very random is all.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please don't make me lecture you on how statistics and near infinite samples work.

10. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I see Brood Pits more than anything. Although I think that is just mere coincidence.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You don't want to roll all the way over to do that?

Fatty.

12. Greysands22

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The ignorance of people in general and blatant misuse of statistics on a basic level is so frustrating that I have a hard time mustering up the energy

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

yeah, if anybody ever noticed how people always seem to play more on the maps they hate they'd realize the bias.

15. Greysands22

@ burn I understand that if you flip a coin and it lands on heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 that it will be heads.

That being said, I just don't want to play on kthir hill anymore.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Then how about you just say 'K'thir Hill is dumb because of X and Y' instead of a poor try at using statistics

17. Greysands22

You are right I botched the stats, it was only 5/10.

[​IMG]

18. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i seem to run into the 2 font maps alot and i really hate all those.2 font maps games are just meh.theres no tactics....the map is too small.

19. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

My last 20 games has seen Kthir hill 4 times, 2 of the old one and 2 of baskitcases redesign

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Holy Bane Shift a sample of 10 games that's so legit. Think I'm going to roll this dice 6 times and if it doesn't give me a different number each time math is a lie and I shouldn't study it.

Your sample size needs to be near infinite for odds to work. There's an 1/x (x being the amount of maps there are in rotation) chance of getting a map in ranked. If you get K'thir hill once, your chance for the second game is still 1/x. Now you can calculate how much the chance would be that you would draw 5/10 games on K'thir hill and that chance would probably be pretty small, but it's irrelevant.

You had good or bad luck yesterday, however you wanna see it. But this proves nothing. Please know what you're talking about before blatantly raping basic statistics cause this is to cry for.