8 days before expansion, the waiting game begins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hfok, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I heard you are a legend. I didn't know before or I would have made a thread when you came back like the thered one. I heard you were even better than thered. You need a cool avatar.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I haven't played destiny in awhile though.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Lolled.

KingJad and Karmavore like this.
  4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@Beefinator , people have brought up making the game accessible on tablets and such,, I mostly considered this kinda of a comfort thing (that too) , but yer right,, I never considered how little people turn to pc for casual gaming these days..im still a pc man,,tho phones and tablets is where its at,, making it accessible to tabs could give us a boost in pop..
    and maybe make use of the sign in page? I never seen a game take such little use of the sign in page,, a page we all have to see..
    how bout tourney weekend!!!! great prizes!!!! times ,,, still have the friggin coalitions release crap up there...im not a programmer but I cant imagine it taking long to scribble a couple of words down twice a week...maybe you wont have that ghost town feel when one signs on. pump it up homeboy!!!

Beefinator likes this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Poxnoras interface and game play wouldn't function as well as people like to assume it would on a mobile platform. The only thing I could see it running on would be tablets. Phone sizes are a huge issue when you really think about functionally. Opening up to tablets is a really narrow and hindering demographic because....

....if we really get deep into it. This would require a vast amount of resources being plugged into it for very little perceivable profit. I mean there's a reason people aren't flooding in right now. (call it poor marketing or stagnant and often times inconsistant progress <-- general perception not my own opinion minus the marketing but.. I mean I found this game by a random web banner on congregate.com when I was 13). How would opening up to mobile markets really change what's hindering poxnora from advancing now?

Sure there's a possibility for player's to download but there are so many blatant hurdels to overcome right off the bat, I doubt a casual player would honestly pick this up for more than a week. Serious gamers is unfortunately the MO' required for poxnoras competitivescene... which is where most of us would like to see the potential influx move towards.

Poxnora would have to close down for a year or two before anything like this could/would happen. IMO... Which would undenidably be a swift end to what remains an amazing legacy of perserverance from a game that's been on the brink of total failure multiple times over.

I mean if we lived in a perfect world, this would be obviously the right step for a game such as this. But...we don't. Sadly it's just a dream.

6. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

I can't imagine the kind of work that would go into redoing the game to be played on Android or something like that. I have no idea how these things work, I'm a chemical engineer, not a software engineer, but I can't see it going very well with how much you have to do in Pox. It would be a nice thought, but I don't see it happening. They have to find some way of getting people off their phones for this.

Maybe an app that allows you to manage battlegroups and runes would help. I know that having access to certain parts of MMORPGs on your phone (auction house, character info, mini games, whatever) makes people think of the game a lot more and end up on their computers instead of on their phones.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

But I do agree with the under utilization of poxnoras webpage. Its okay. But could defnitely use some hype.

8. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

yea. I mostly pointed to tablets in my post. this would never fly on a phone. this game has a bit of a learning curve so it does have a tight demographic, ,, big difference from candy crush.. bout 7 yrs ago I had a pop up,, I was playing plenty of mtgo at the time and always avoid pop ups,,, but when I seen the kool lil miniatures, , I couldnt resist.

ps. I do use the phone to manage battle groups,, post , and trade ,, so it not so bad on that end

Beefinator likes this.