A Collection of Rune Ideas Without New Abilities

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I thought I'd take a moment to archive the rune ideas I made for Sok's thread entitled, "Let's Build An Expansion Together." Each of these runes ideas do not make use of new abilities or need extensive coding to function. Cheers!

2. Xirone

Elven Fletcher
    Race: Elf | Class: Archer, Tinkerer | Size: Small | Rarity: Common | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A male elf is laboring over the creation of an arrow. He has mounds of feathers, sticks, and poisons at his disposal.
    Flavor-Text: An archer should never run out of arrows in the heat of battle. To guard against this, the artisans of K'thir work day and night to build and improve the arrows used in battle.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: Low

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Contaminate- Target champion within 3 spaces gains the Poison 1 ability for 4 turns. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Nora Miner 3- At the beginning of your turn, you gain 6 nora.
    Train Damage- Target friendly champion within 5 spaces gains +2 DMG. This ability costs 6 nora and does not stack. CD: 3, AP: 0
    Train Strike- Target friendly champion within 5 spaces gains Strike. This ability costs 6 nora. CD: 3, AP: 0

Upgrade Path I
    Blockade- While this champion is in play, opposing champions cannot gain AP for their first turn in play and are Distracted.
    Command: Dodge- All friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Dodge. This ability is removed once triggered. CD: 4, AP: 2
    Volley Leader- Other friendly Archers within 4 spaces gain an additional rank of Rain of Arrows.

Upgrade Path II
    Drive- Target champion within 4 spaces loses 2 HP (HP loss cannot be prevented) and gains Driven (This champion gets +2 DMG and +1 SPD) and recovers 1 AP. This ability can not be used on a champion who already has this effect. CD: 0, AP: 2

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Ifem21 and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. Xirone

Woodland Trickshot
    Race: Beast | Class: Archer | Size: Small | Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A sloth hangs upside-down from a tree with a longbow aimed to attack. He wears a stylish quiver which has been worn so that the arrows do not fall out.
    Flavor-Text: Few had considered them capable of defending themselves, let alone their home. This oversight was quickly remedied when Bliss gave them a chance and discovered they had a natural affinity for the Longbow.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Arrow- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Ricochet Shot- This champion makes a physical attack against target champion. If successful, the nearest other opposing champion within 4 spaces of the target takes 1 physical damage and if that champion takes damage is Stunned for 2 turns. This damage ignores Defense. CD: 2, AP: +1
    Slothful- After using an activated ability (including basic attacks), this champion becomes Immobile for 1 turn.

Upgrade Path I

Domain: Vegetation- This unit gains +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and Mobility while occupying Vegetation.
    Hidden: Vegetation- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    Trail: Vegetation- At the beginning of each turn and whenever this champion moves, the spaces this unit occupies becomes Vegetation for 3 turns.

Upgrade Path II

Farshot 3- This champion makes a ranged attack at +3 RNG and +1 AP. CD: 0, AP: +1

4. Xirone

Arcane Oddity
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rune Type: Relic | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A metallic orb, which gently glows with a purple and green energy, is levitating over a flower patch. Scattered among the flowers below is an Elite Blade which glows faintly with the same colors as the orb.
    Flavor-Text: "I haven't seen this... whatever it is... do anything since it showed up! It just floats there as if it is waiting for something, or someone, to activate it." -Gareth, Elven Artisan
    Effect: This unit has Enchant: Magic, Shatter, and Teleport: Equipped.
    HP: 25 | DEF: 0

Nora Cost: 30-35

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Xirone

Beaver Dam
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rune Type: Relic | Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A gnarled mass of tree branches, vines, and thorns blocks off a gentle stream. There are many other such structures further upstream.
    Flavor-Text: "The elves have retreated behind a massive earthen wall. It will take hours to tear it down and who knows where they'll be by then!"
    Effect: This relic has Damage Shield: Physical 2, Mason 2, and Rapid Growth 2.
    HP: 15 | DEF: 0
    Nora Cost: 20

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. Xirone

Hulking Rose Frond
    Race: Beast, Plant | Class: Demi-God | Size: Large | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: An enormous female Frond (earthen plant turtle) is resting while basking in the sun. The Frond is covered in thorns and countless beautiful roses. Some elven children, dwarfed by the size of the Frond, are making bouquets from its shell.
    Flavor-Text: Usually preferring to be admired rather than attacked, the Hulking Rose Fronds are well suited for both.
    Rarity: Rare
    Nora Cost: Mid

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 4 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 60

Champion Abilities
    Amphibious- This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.
    Arrow Eater- When this unit would take damage from a ranged attack, that damage is prevented, and this champion gets a bonus to DMG equal to 25% of the damage that would have been dealt for 2 turns.
    Damage Aura 3- At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 6 Physical damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    Damage Shield: Physical 3- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Planar Bound- This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.
    Plant Regeneration 3- While occupying Grass, Vegetation, Dirt, or Water, this champion has Regeneration 3.

Upgrade Path I
    Charm 2- Enemy champions within 2 spaces become Charmed 3. All affected units are disengaged from each other. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Damage Shield: Poison 2- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 4 Poison damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Tough 2- Any time this champion would take damage, it takes 2 less than normal.

Upgrade Path II
    Antagonize- Target champion within 2 spaces can only target and attack this champion for 4 turns. A champion can only be antagonized by one champion at a time. CD: 3, AP: 0
    Turtle- This unit becomes Impervious, Immobile, and Pacified and has an AP cap of 0 for 2 turns. CD: 3, AP: 3
    Trample- Whenever this champion moves by way of its normal movement, all opposing champions within 2 spaces take 2 damage.

7. Xirone

Epochal Hunter
    Race: Elf | Class: Ranger, Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Uncommon | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A blind male elf with white hair is dressed in typical ranger clothes (tinted yellow). Two psychic daggers are floating in mid-air near his hands, which have eyes in the palms.
    Flavor-Text: The Epochal Elder's Council received an appeal for more aid by the elves of K'thir and the Epochal Hunter was their response.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 12 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 0 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Attack: Psychic- This unit makes a Psychic attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Declare Hunted- When this unit is deployed, the closest opposing champion without Hunted becomes Hunted. This effect is not cleansable.
    Iron Will- This champion cannot be Charmed, Possessed, or Distracted.
    Time Bend- This champion is removed from play. At the end of 2 turns, it is returned to play in the location where it was removed from play. If that location is occupied, the redeployment effect is delayed for 1 turn (this process repeats until the unit is successfully redeployed). This ability begins on CD. CD: 5, AP: 5

Upgrade Path I
    Execute- For 1 turn, the next basic attack made by this unit deals 50% more damage if the target is a champion. CD: 2, AP: 1
    Duel- Target an opposing champion within 2 spaces. For 8 turns, this champion is Dueling the targeted opposing champion. While Dueling, this champion cannot attack any champion other than the targeted champion and deals 50% more damage (after DEF) to the targeted champion and only takes 75% damage (after DEF) from the targeted champion. This effect ends if the target is destroyed or removed from play. CD: 5, AP: 2

Upgrade Path II
    Psychic Jab- When this unit is deployed, the nearest opposing champion takes 8 Psychic damage.
    Ripples- When a champion is deployed from the rune dock, this champion's cooldowns are reduced by 1.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. Xirone

Fairy Circle
    Faction: K'thir Forest | Rune Type: Relic | Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: A gently glowing circle of mushrooms shows a fairy fading away at its center.
    Effect: This unit has Reinforce (when this unit is deployed the closest champion you own is returned to the rune dock with a cooldown of 3 and you gain 50% of its nora cost) and Psychic Ping 2 (when this unit comes into play, it deals 6 Psychic damage to nearest opposing champion within 6 spaces. At the beginning of each turn afterwards, this champion deals 6 Psychic damage to the enemy champion with greatest HP within 6 spaces).
    HP: 25 | DEF: 0
    Nora Cost: 30

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  9. Xirone

Strong-Arm Mole
    Race: Beast | Class: None | Size: Small | Rarity: Common | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: An angry mole is emerging from the earth under and behind an unsuspecting skeleton. The mole has strong forearms and long solid claws.
    Flavor-Text: Though largely unsuccessful against their flying brethren, the Strong-Arm Mole has evolved to have a particularly effective mechanism for dealing with terrestrial foes.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Aggressive- When an opposing champion engages this champion on your opponent's turn, this champion makes a free basic attack against that champion.
    Slam- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, the target is knocked back 2 spaces.
    Groundstriker- This champion does 50% additional damage (after DEF) to champions without Flying and only 50% damage (after DEF) to champions with Flying.

Upgrade Path I
    Shred Defense- Target champion within 2 spaces has its DEF set to 0 for 2 turns and takes Physical damage equal to the amount of DEF lost. It also gains Lumbering for 2 turns. CD: 1, AP: 1
    Tremor- Opposing champions without Flying within 3 spaces of this unit are knocked back 1 space, gain Lumbering for 2 turns and take 6 Physical damage. Enemy relics in the affected area take 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF. CD: 2, AP: 3
    Tunnel Trap- This ability can only be activated if this unit is occupying earth terrain. This unit becomes Stealthed and moves directly to target earth space within 5 spaces. CD: 4, AP: 4

Upgrade Path II
    Tunnel Vegetation 2- This ability may be activated only if this unit occupies Vegetation. This unit moves directly to target Vegetation space within 6 spaces. CD: 1, AP: 4

IMAGIRL likes this.
  10. Xirone

Spellsnail
    Race: Beast | Class: None | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A small snail with a dazzling shell is covered in mystic runes. Swirls of arcane energy are being siphoned into the shell.
    Flavor-Text: "In our quest to be the masters of magic, this humble ally will be a great boon." -Bliss the Muse

Champions Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 4 | RNG: 1-3 | DEF: 2 | HP: 50

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Three Wishes- Target champion within 3 spaces gains both of this units selected upgrade abilities. This ability is removed after 3 uses. AP: 3, CD: 3
    Spell Charged 2- When a spell is played, this unit gains 2 charges.
    Spell Shift- Spend 8 charges. All cooldowns on your spells are reduced by 5.
    Tempo- When a spell is successfully cast, this champion gains 1 AP.

Upgrade Path I
    Damage Shield: Magical 3- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Magical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Reflection 3- Champions attacking this champion from range take 4 damage of the Attacker's damage type.

Upgrade Path II
    Immunity: Magical- Magical damage that would be dealt to this unit is prevented.
    Shielded- This champion may not be the target of opposing spells.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  11. Xirone

Carrion Vine
    Race: Plant | Class: None | Size: Small | Rarity: Common | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A thin and twisted vine, dark red, is secreting a digestive acid on a fallen lerper.
    Flavor-Text: Decomposition is a natural process whereby life slowly returns to the land. The Carrion Vines aid this process by using a particularly strong enzyme which speeds up decomposition tenfold.
    Nora Cost: Very Low

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Dead Eater- When this unit recovers a nora globe, it recovers an additional 6 nora.
    Defiling Aura- Opposing champions within 3 spaces are Defiled.
    Grace of the Dead 2- When this unit dies, all friendly champions recover 12 HP. At the start of your next turn, all friendly champions recover 6 HP.
    Replicate- Create a replica of this champion on target adjacent space. This unit loses half of its current HP (rounded down) and the replica has that amount of HP.

Upgrade Path I
    Acidic Aura 3- At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 6 Acid damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    Entangle- This unit makes an attack against a champion within 4 spaces. If successful, that unit becomes Grounded for 2 turns, Ensnared for 2 turns and takes 70% DMG (with a minimum of 10, before DEF).

Upgrade Path II

Pilfer- Target champion within 2 spaces loses its equipment and this champion gains it. If this champion is already equipped or cannot be equipped with targeted equipment then that equipment is destroyed.
    Resurrect- For 4 turns, the cooldown of the next champion you own that dies is set to 0.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. Xirone

Serpentine Mass
    Race: Beast, Construct | Class: None | Size: Large | Rarity: Exotic | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: An absolutely giant ball of twisted and vicious snakes emerges from the forest of K'thir and enters the Scorched Forest. The snakes, of all colors, contrast greatly with the muted colors of the burnt stumps all around.
    Flavor-Text: "A powerful mage and a beloved snake charmer once lived on the outskirts of K'thir. They lived long and happy lives, blessed by the forest. Tragically, they were both cut down by a rampaging demon. With their final breaths, they made a tandem wish for nature's vengeance. Judging from what I have just seen, it seems their wish has been fulfilled at last!" -Sipn, Master Bard of K'thir
    Nora Cost: High

Champion Stats

DMG: 14 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 1 | HP: 52

Champion Base Abilities

Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack
    Arrow Eater- When this unit would take damage from a ranged attack, that damage is prevented, and this champion gets a bonus to DMG equal to 25% of the damage that would have been dealt for 2 turns.
    Faithless- This unit has no spell presence.
    Cleave- After this champion makes an attack, it then makes an attack against each other adjacent champion as well.

Upgrade Path I
    Fury- When this unit makes a successful basic attack, it gains +1 DMG.
    Multiattack I- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Surge: Beast I- This unit has +1 DMG for every friendly Beast.

Upgrade Path II
    Combo Attack: Poison- When this champion makes two successful basic attacks against the same champion in a single turn, that champion becomes Poisoned for 5 turns.
    Lethal Poison- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion gains a stack of Lethal (If a champion gets 4 stacks, it dies) for 10 turns. This ability cannot effect those with Immunity: Poison. This condition can not be cleansed.
    Poison I- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Poisoned for 3 turns.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. Xirone

Ospryan Cannibal
    Race: Beast | Class: Brute | Size: Small | Rarity: Uncommon | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A savage male Ospryan has been tainted with bloodlust. It is hunched over a disemboweled boghopper, eating some indiscernible organ.
    Flavor-Text: "Beware entering the deep forest, brothers. Alliances mean nothing to the creatures who now dwell there." -Kartch, Finlord.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Berserk Attack 3- This unit makes a close-combat attack at +4 DMG and becomes Berserked (This unit gets -2 DEF) for 2 turns.
    Brain Eater- When this champion destroys a champion with a different owner, it gains one of its upgraded abilities.
    Exertion 3- This champion loses 8 HP and gains 3 AP. This ability begins on CD.
    Flight- This champion is Flying and has two ranks of Sentry.

Upgrade Path I
    Consume- Target owned adjacent champion is destroyed and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP. CD: 2, AP: 1
    Logistics: Life Siphon- When you have deployed 3 champions that share a race with it from the runedock, this ability is removed and this champion permanently gains Life Siphon.
    Life Siphon- When this unit attacks and deals damage to a champion, it vampiric heals HP equal to half the damage dealt.

Upgrade Path II
    Precision- This champion's attacks cannot miss.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  14. Xirone

Arrow Saint
    Race: Angel | Class: Archer, Paladin | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare | Faction: K'thir Forest & Ironfist Stronghold
    Artwork: An armor-clad angel is hovering over a path that leads to the forest. It carries an ethereal bow with long elegant arrows. The angel looks stalwart yet nimble.
    Flavor-Text: "She has arrived in time, just as promised! Our archers have surely received a great boon this day!" L'ilim, Archer Trainer

Champion Stats

DMG: 8 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 1 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Arrow- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Flight- This champion is Flying and has 2 ranks of Sentry.
    Hold the Line- This champion gains +2 DMG, +2 DEF, +1 range, Planar Bound, Unstoppable, Defender 3, and Defensive Strike until it moves. This ability does not stack. CD: 3, AP: 2
    Aim- At the start of its next turn, this champion has +1 RNG, +3 DMG and Precision for 1 turn. CD: 2, AP: 2

Upgrade Path I

Command: Dodge- All friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Dodge. This ability is removed once triggered. CD: 4, AP: 2
    Dodge 2- Next time target champion within 11 spaces makes a ranged attack against this unit, that attack automatically misses. This effect is hidden until triggered. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned. (You may target this unit to Dodge the next ranged attack from any champion.)
    Shroud- Other friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Evasive 2. This does not stack.

Upgrade Path II
    Distract- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion becomes Distracted for 2 turns.
    Mark of Al'mara- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Branded for 3 turns.
    Train Damage- Target friendly champion within 5 spaces gains +2 DMG. This ability costs 6 nora and does not stack. CD: 3, AP: 0

IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Love them.

Xirone likes this.
  16. Xirone

Thanks!

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Eh, firk it. Round two of take my likes.

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Design me a vashal please @Xirone

Trouble is, don't think the theme is missing much.

Don't think they should get a tank or defender tbh (flavour), maybe a passive utility champ?

19. Xirone

It's probably not what you were thinking of but coming soon will be the Quillpack Ballista...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  20. Xirone

Quillpack Ballista
    Race: Vashal | Class: Archer | Size: Large | Rarity: Uncommon | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A massive structure, resembling a large crossbow, is made of branches, mud, and vines. It is also covered in poisonous quills. Instead of firing arrows, it fires a bundle of long quills. The ballista is being operated by a Vashal.
    Flavor-Text: "Such a weapon couldn't have been made solely by the Vashal, could it? It is clear from what I see it couldn't have been made without them!" Gareth, Elven Artisan
    Nora Cost: 63-71

Champion Abilities

DMG: 8 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-3 | DEF: 2 | HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Arrow- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Kinetic Impulse- Ranged attacks made by this champion have a bonus of 2 DMG for each space the target is beyond the champion's minimum range.
    Ponderous- This champion's AP cost for attacks and attack abilities with an AP cost of 1 or higher is increased by 1.
    Siege- When this champion attacks a shrine or relic, it gets +3 DMG for that attack and the attack ignores DEF if it is greater than 0. Siege bypasses Shrine Resistance.

Upgrade Path I

Damage Shield: Poison 3- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Poison damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Precision- This champion's attacks cannot miss and ignores the effects of Evasive and Reflexes.
    Impaling Strike- All champions occupying spaces 1 to 6 spaces in a targeted straight line away from this champion take 12 Physical damage and become Bloodied for 4 turns. This damage ignores DEF. CD: 3, AP: 4

Upgrade Path
    Farshot 3- This champion makes a ranged attack at +3 RNG and +1 AP. CD: 0, AP: +1

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Tweek516 likes this.