A core rune bank and advise for new players

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by vitor, Jun 20, 2015.

1. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

Hi there guys!
    I was looking at the steam forums and even some comments from friends of mine that they have some problems to start, and what they seem to miss are advise and enough runes to be able to actually choose and build their bg, feel the impact of each rune and learn to make their own decisions on the effect of each ability.
    Some time ago @Poxbrothers made a post about giving all the core runes, and I do think it is a step on the right direction, and while this isn't implemented I think we could make a thread with a rune pool dedicated to instructing them, as we have many really helpful members (Anima26, Burnpyro, kalasle, saromon50 amongst many many other great people) , and really GIVING the runes for free, in the sense of helping new players being able to choose. I know we all need runes, but there are so many that are just left there, and I would rather have a bigger playerbase than a bigger stash of runes.
    I can take care of the pool for now, maybe someone can do it together with me, but the point is I am really serious about this, we need to break the idea of p2w to get more people in, and have them starting with some knowledge too, so they don't just add a bunch of champs and some spells and feel frustrated.
    Would really like to know what you guys think

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Rune pools/banks have been around for a long time and they do help new players, to a degree. I have no idea if there are any currently in operation, i know there was a member of PA doing one not too long ago, i cannot remember his name right now. I am also of the belief that just allowing immediate access to the core set runes without having to grind for them would be a big help to new players but i can imagine it would have certain issues, as an example the current free rune rewards would be pointless. Skirmish and the free rune rewards are fantastic but can be a little slow if u are a tad unlucky. Its not a massive issue though in my opinion, unless youre trying to build expensive decks with Extended Set Exos/Legs. Once u get a few Core Set Exos/Legs from free rune rewards you can trade them into Poxbox.net and use the essentially "free" credits u accumulate to trade out all the runes you DO want to use. Or you can use them to accumulate shards in the Forge and create the specific runes youre looking for.

Its just a case of having to grind initially to gain free runes which i guess some people wont enjoy, i dont mind it myself and but im not a new player so.

I dont know if you know about poxbox.net or not, il presume you do but if u dont check it out.

The forge is another good step in the right direction, it gives more easier access to specific runes you desire, im a big fan of it. It allowed me to get my hands on Krikkinwing Alphas as nobody was ever trading them into Poxbox and i dont trade player to player much (too many sharks). Forge has helped rune circulation quite a lot.

The player base atm is very low so that will have an impact on the amount of advice thats available to new players, only so many people online at any given time. If you ask the right people though, theyre happy to help, as you know ;)

vitor likes this.