a discussion into the shoebox

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Djangoguy, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Hey, can we post here what are the most shoeboxed stuff and how would you make it better?
    there's a list that I already posted some time ago.

any reply will be apreciated
    Inb4: those champs/spells already have their niche and will not be changed soon

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I plan to make RelicDrop: X abilities give you AP on the turn they become a champion. I may do it... in a hacky way for now and then have the code fix for it later.

Some of the other have been modified in some ways for the expansion.

Gorebucket and Djangoguy like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Regarding relic drop why not just have them come back 1 turn later. so on deploy it will return on the enemies turn and it will then come back with 6 ap and then if the opponent destroys it, it will come back on the controllers turn.

4. Sokolov

In theory they already should become champions just before your turn. But for whatever reason they aren't gaining AP that turn.

So it's more of a bug. One "fix" could be to change it to 3 turns, which is an option, but requires coding time. If I give them Fleet, they'll gain AP, without need for code fix.

Djangoguy likes this.
  5. Djangoguy

Isn't because of hacky ways that code is buggy? I would not mind to wait a little longer and it helps the game for future maintaining

6. Sokolov

No. This "hack" doesn't have anything to do with code at all. I am just going to give them an ability that makes them generate AP on deploy. An ability which already exists.

Djangoguy likes this.
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I dont think all of these are necessarily shoebox, Corruptor for example is actually perfectly good, he is just a massive gamble.

8. Djangoguy

I know some of things that I point are not in the shoebox, I'm suggesting stuff that make them more playable, would not you be more indicted to run Corruptor if he had not a big drawback of 9 AP max? Here I can point out Elsarin Reaper and Necrotaur being too costy for what it does, Necrotaur never saw much play, but Reaper was meta in like, 3~4 years ago? Most units are trying to fit too many roles that I even pointed (Dark Enchantress for example), I could expand this list a lot, but I think many will not like what I suggest, at least I'm suggesting things that makes sense (not a generical Mark thread) :p

9. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Run Moragen and/or Lost Queen with Corruptor. With both he can get 7 speed.

10. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Reaper is good, but I agree, he is expensive and trying to do só many things at time.

11. themacca

considering how powerful the ability soul harvester is. did it ever occur to you that it's an intentional design decision. Also enchantress only has 1 role CC and thats her problem all she has is multiple CC options and theres no reason to give it significant attention

12. Djangoguy

That's mostly why I don't pointed Enchantress at first, and Corruptor is already designed to be squishy as his part of design (Soulharvester is already in another champ that don't fit this also)

13. themacca

The imp vixen only has rank 1, is a melee unit with only 40 hp leech vitality or not it's pretty easy to kill and not very cheap. that thing would be utter trash as a 5 speed