A dream

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 19madfox95, Nov 28, 2016.

1. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

So there it was, a dream. It begun with me and my classmates (of whom non i know in real world) having to go to dentist. I got the last time because well, my name, nothing unusual, thought about bailing it, but well, didn't get that far, and then I read a book about runes for my bachelors. There we were, waiting, when others started to talk about some stuff, some legends or something and just joking around. At last they came up, emphasis on that, with a legend that there are three nurses in this place who hate people who don't respect doctors. And then I said jokingly something about doctors - an awful idea... I realised what a stupid mistake I had done, I had forgotten that deep inside I fear women, and almost immediately I started feeling how these nurses giggled up in the ceiling and threw stuff at me, for others and probably for me too I just imagined that. And so I fell asleep in fear. I was then in my house, which connected from one end to other so you could walk in circles endlessly. It was all nice when I remembered the nurses, all went dark and in darkness three shadowy figures were standing. I tried to not look at them, I tried to go away and turn on the lights, but nothing worked. I did some circles or just fell asleep, in a dream (in a dream). Other nightmares came about, for example a young lil girl with bernhardine sitting in darkness. And then I ended up lying on the floor in the bathroom in the darkness, then a big hunting dog appeared in front of me. Eyes shining with thirst for blood, I feared it will be my end and I started to hold its jaws away, but when I ran out of strength it actually started sniffing around in my pockets. He found something, and then barfed out a big golden medallion with +100% luck engarved on it with big letters... I put it on and woke up to real world.

Geressen likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Do you feel like you have 100% luck now?

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I dreamed a dream in times gone by
    When hope was high and life worth living
    I dreamed, that love would never die
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving
    Then I was young and unafraid
    And dreams were made and used and wasted
    There was no ransom to be paid
    No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
    With their voices soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    As they turn your dream to shame
    He slept a summer by my side
    He filled my days with endless wonder
    He took my childhood in his stride
    But he was gone when autumn came
    And still I dream he'll come to me
    That we will live the years together
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are storms we cannot weather
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream
    I dreamed

Row, row, row your boat,
    Gently down the stream,
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Life is but a dream.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Tweek516, Etherielin, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  4. 19madfox95

Well, I hoped this indicates something like I will win ONE million Euros in lottery or something at the end of the day after failing miserably at my first time being a translator of Estonian-Danish-Estonian... but no...
    Actually that translating job went really smooth and was loads of fun and got mad money compared to other jobs I have had or common jobs at all, and got really good new contacts and a work to translate one written texts from Estonian to Danish too- so ~70% luck?

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Nice, I can speak neither of those languages. but I like Denmark and the one Estonian I met was a cool dude. definetly +100% luck there dude don't sell it short.

... the only dreams I remember are the ones that end when the upwards force generated by my arms and legs shooting towards what in my dreams was the ground to stop myself falling runs out and I start real world falling into the opposite direction back into my matress staring at my arms stretched out towards the ceiling.

19madfox95 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have no recollection of dreams or even a feeling that I had been dreaming when I wake up. Not sure if that is abnormal.

damnfoolishyeti and 19madfox95 like this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's pretty rare for me to, but I do sometimes.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it is not rare to not remember. part of the time we are asleep our brains are just doing reruns of situations to prepare and train us for future situations.

this way instead of our brains having a lifetime of memories flashing before your eyes everytime an unexpected stressfull event happens it can reserve it for when you run into an entirely new situation where you almost die.

so madfox subconciously decided offending people he does not know and are capable of doing him harm in response is a bad idea, that the solution for fear of being ridiculed is to not fear it and go to sleep.
    then it decided that the best response to a doglike predator is to keep the bitey bit away from his meaty bits as long as he can.
    then it felt confident in the solutions and atributed this to luck.

the next day he did not offend the people he went to get work from and did not fear them ridiculing him. also he was not attacked by a dog or wolf so that part of the dream was very much wasted on a situation that did not occur at that time.

good dream, 10/10 brainwork.

19madfox95 likes this.
  9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

What if you had a period of time when you remembered your dreams more vividly than reality? because I've had.

10. 19madfox95

Period of time as in certain time of year or certain hour during the night?

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think he means a time in his life.

12. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

well it was about 2 years totally

13. 19madfox95

Yeah, I have actually had a recurring dream (which went on for like five years I think) that I still remember, usually I don't really remember my dreams (except three different dreams I had today), usually once per month if lucky.

The recurring dream went something like this:
    This all started probably with the girl from the Ring, before that I wasn't really afraid of the dark nor horror movies. It actually was the only horror movie I had ever been afraid of, and I haven't watched it again either since I was like nine or so. After that every time I went from the kitchen to living room and in the middle room (between them was like a corridor or however you call that room which is a connection between two rooms) there stood a mirror in which I always saw her reflection, as she would have been still in the kitchen, behind me.

Getting to the real dream now:

After a year or maybe even half I started seeing dreams about the same-looking girl (I still saw her in the mirror in that house). This time she was on the balcony (I had my own balcony and bed was exactly at the other side of the room so I could always look outside). I am not really sure if it was her, because she did look quite a lot older in her form, a lot taller and not some ugly demonic dead girl. But still, she was in some black dress, which waved in the cold night wind, and her black hair, covering her face, too. So this gave enough of a fright to a young me, so in that dream I tried to sleep or just close my eyes and look away, but every time I tried to do that she used some powers that made me look at her and all of my force couldn't tear my eyes from her.
    And then she began to scream, like a siren, and made me scream too. Trying to yell for help, but only screeches came out of my mouth and no one was there for me.

This went on for years, every year maybe three times she visited me till one day it stopped. I think I was about 15 year old when it ended.

And then we moved and about few months later I saw that nightmare again. This time I was still in my old house, this time the visitor wore a grey mask. It went on the same way as it usually did and even though I tried to turn my eyes away and I couldn't I wasn't afraid of her anymore. And screamed with her so I could wake up.

Next time things changed, the room was half like it is right now and half of the old room - layout was like right now, but my things were arranged like they were back then. This time she screamed not to make me scream, but to control me in a different way. She rose me up and in the speed of lightning I was pulled to my parents' bed, them sleeping heavily. I was handed an axe which was intended to kill my father. So I used all of my will to stop myself from delivering the final blow ... and somehow I succeeded and I woke up in bed.

And the last time I saw her (probably when I was like 17-18, so three years ago). The room was almost exactly like it is now, except that my brother's bed was missing. Again I heard these disturbing screams, took up my phone and tried texting my friend so she could help me, but I couldn't really open my eyes this time, and when I finally managed it the screen of the phone shattered into million pieces. And in my head I could hear myself screaming.
    Then I looked at were the noises came from, and for the first time this person had gotten inside my room. She was crouching on my door and just stared at me with her deep crimson eyes.