A lack of demons

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Tricky1, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

I sift through the checklist under the demon faction and find maybe three cards that actually resemble demons through art work. I'm not expecting some religious art work but hey, more demonic demons? or is that something this game shy's away from like hearthstone and yugioh?

SMh7 likes this.
  2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i agree. needs to be more demons like sheoul demon magus and maxxarek

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Demons like soulthirster are cool.

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

In pox lore higher (sheoul-type) demons sit deep, demonize elves/mutants/undead/beasts/spiders/etc, and, once those die, reforge their souls into boks/imps, which then do further fighting.

5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

more cool demons like pincushion,vothsairs etc

MEATMAN likes this.
  6. themacca

I'd like to see more of those. they are easily the most badass looking ones and only 1 of the 3 that resemble that are runnable.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, my "Badasses" deck has way too many double-includes because we don't have enough badass demons to fill it with

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I agree but think they should be used sparingly. Lore wise the deep demons are on par or greater than Greater Pitspawn etc. and its hard to translate that into runes without being either broken or too expensive to actually use.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. themacca

care to share? i generally get stuck at around 7 or 8 units

10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

At very least we should get a splittable analog of maxx.

11. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

I think somewhere translation was lost. What I was trying to say is that poxnora should try to make the darker factions darker. I think it's wonderful KF got a corgi archtype thing starting up. That fits lovable nature idea. Now for underdepth I want to feel the demonic vibe like from aspect of oblivion or pincushion or hell even hook fiend. I want the deep elves to be detached from the eleven blood line and go more towards being breed to look more evil over the ages(although I don't really know what pox age is because last time I checked wars were only a generation apart yet serkan seems to be centuries old). Kind of like the idea with lord of the rings. ultimately I want to show new people a ruin and they can instantly get a vibe for what faction it's in. With obvious exceptions like veil walker that perfectly fits FW and goes into IS. At that point it makes the rune more interesting.

saromon50, MakarovJAC and 19madfox95 like this.
  12. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

This is what I'm saying from the begin of times. Remove Goblins and Minos from the faction and give us more Demons and B1tches.

13. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

@Tricky1 I like you kid. I agree with what you said. Indeed, I would like those of you who recall that thread I made a few months ago about why is that Enforcer of the Circle and Perfected Runner looks more like UD and FW runes than Protectorate runes.

Problem is that, as far as I suspect, the people in charge of telling the artists what to do are not real clear about it. I mean, elves=hot chicks you want to bang seems to be a rule, so when they go up to an artist and tell them "Hey, we need an elf which is dark because it's got enslaved by demons, an lives in caves (Upper Sheoul) and in a demonic mountain (Mount Velkarion)", just there the guy got one generic idea (a hot chick, or a sissy dude), then, he also gets the caves part which automatically translates to the generic Dungeons & Dragons' drow many are familiar with.

If you ever worked with independent artists, you know well how difficult they find when descriptions are as vague as possible. That's where a concept artist should come, talk directly to the devs, and get the exact idea of how are things supposed to look like. Then, with a genuine portfolio with drawings of how are things supposed to look like, the independent artist can do their magic, with all their personal quirks, but sticking to a general idea. I don't really know how much of this is true with the Devs. I mean, the lore text is one for sure, but it's not enough to fill a how-to-draw Sheoul guide.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I always wanted the deep elves to take a chaos space marine turn and start growing horns, claws, mutations and other Bane Shift. You'd think that living with the demons of sheoul and everything would at least give the elves some deeper connection with demons over Firking purple skin right?

Of course I would also like to see more demons like pinny and warogg, but the deep elves actually turning into demons would be so much better right now.

Gahlroon imo looks the closest to what a 'deep elf' should look like. Mutated with horns and a long unsettling tongue waving around. It's already been said, but i'll say it again.

Deep elves look like bimbos and little *****es right now. Except fanatic, he's the only deep elf I think looks remotely cool right now, despite his description stating he has no visual trace to k'thir ancestry and he clearly has point ears and looks remotely elfish still. A little late for a artist to come in and remodel deep elves though, but that doesn't mean they can't gain some kind of 'influence' in later expansions, eh?

Edit: Speaking of deep elf fanatic, who are those demons in the background?

SPiEkY and themacca like this.
  15. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Oh, that reminds me! Remember back when Gahlroon had race Elf? Also, the flavour text on Succubus implies that DE's may undergone mutations like growing horns and wings at the will of Maxxarek. Also, I think Disciple used to be an elf too. And Ash Maiden and Flowing Ember imply they turned into something reminiscent of a Perfected Runner...except they are still hot, and enjoying it!

Based on that, Bok could perfectly be ascended elves...and since Bok are all females, and Sheoul demons are all males, I'm prone to think a Sheoul Demon was an ascended male deep elf. That, given if the text in Succubus is saying that a winged hot chick is not necessarily a Bok, or if there is some sort of...thing going on before a winged hot-chick may become a Bok. I think one of the lore stories make reference to elves instantly changing colour (eyes, skin, and hair) at the turn of a hat, meaning that UD has mastered plastic surgery...and they are millenia ahead of us.

MEATMAN likes this.