A rune that should be every BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Aug 13, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So we know that Essense Drain, Unholy Tomb, Doom, Bone Circle Staff, Enervating Collar, Despoil, Mobilization, and maybe 1 or 2 other runes can be included very easily in almost every deck (and although despoil and doom might not be MUST adds, they are still pretty flexible).

There is one rune that is CRIMINALLY underrated in this regard.

Mystic Altier.

Mystic Altier, is such a good FW run. It is their answer to both equips AND relics. Other factions, have things like loot, shatter, demolish. But mystic Altier can respond to SO many relic and equipment threats. And if it can't? Guess what? You have the FW bonus to kill your own debuffed unit anyways.

It is a must add, like all the others.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i dont think simply replicating the value is a good counter. Especially when you yourself have less control over where that relic goes as well, it certainly isn't the same as instant destroy effects that UD and SL have access too.

And fun fact unholy tomb is pretty awful right now and i would argue it's weighing down FW with the illusion that it's an auto include rather than helping because of how supposedly good it is. and Doom as well can certainly help quite a lot in certain situations is just as likely to lose you a game if your opponent responds to it the right way.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Agree with this. Mystic Atelier may or may not provide competitive value -- that's its own kind of discussion. I do not think that it does so by way of countering anything, though. It replicates opposing objects, but that is different from countering them.

Disagree with this. Tomb is about the worst it has ever been as a rune, but I think it's still good.

4. DiCEM0nEY

It isn't bad actually, because not only do you replicate the value, you also gain a 20 hp on your side, and the opponent has to deal with it: it gains reduced cd when things are destroyed. More often the not, you gain value.

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Tomb is OP in fw mirrors.

6. DiCEM0nEY

Almost wanted to say this lol.

Aside from tomb, I also wanted to further day mystic alter is powerful because of the types of utility you face. For example, UD can shatter equips, but they also have very strong equips of their own.

fs can loot your equip, mystic alter will bring it back with a net benefit to you.

Sp can diamond mace your equip: you can diamond mace there's.

It actually has alot of uses. Too many. Auto include.

7. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

I saw you use it yesterday and it certanly helped you win that partical game. It was on the FW map and you snatched a corpse a pult with it, and turned the game aswell.

8. DiCEM0nEY

Thx man. There was anther mirror I played right b4 that 1 where the MA came in handy, and won me a game by copying and corpse pile (aoe 6+ zombie).

Took me awhile to get used to using it though: the copy equip function works on whoever is closest to the altar, not the equipment.

Also, unholy tomb and banners do NOT stack, despite not explicitly saying it

Thx for watching.

9. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Depending on the deck, I'd rather run the bird. Agreed that tomb is still good, but it's no longer faction-defining.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What does this mean?

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I think he means if you copy them with atelier you only get the bonus 1x.