A Slag BG

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Woffleet, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

can anyone post there BG to help me out. I'm trading for them in poxbox but don't know how to play them.

2. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

Sure! My current Slag deck is Shattered Peaks/Sundered Lands and focuses specifically on Acid/Acid Amp
    http://poxbase.com/deck/c5oC8fCkwChUCdlCdvC2JcdzCdnS6Ls2bS7Ms5tSYS7trXR3he1O

Either way, one of the Slags strongest facets is Ooze Tap; Any time an enemy walks on Ooze, if you have Ooze Tap, the enemy loses 2hp and all your slags gain 2hp per tile they walk on. So against swarm decks and the currently very popular summoning decks, the slags have a lot of sustaining power.

Tweek516, Netherzen, Zythraak and 2 others like this.
  3. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

How would you edit this to be full faction SP, and would it still be viable? Thanks! :)

Shell Dorado likes this.
  4. Shell Dorado

If I were to go full faction SP, I would drop the acid theme. Just not enough acid in Shattered Peaks. Instead, I'd probably just go full slags. I'd have to experiment as I'm not too terribly familiar with playing FF SP

5. Zythraak

Ahh okay. =/ Well, I'd totally try them if I knew they were competitive FF.

6. Shell Dorado

So here's what I've developed. The focus is on generating Ooze and spreading Oozetap around. Lock flyers down to the ground by keeping a Slag with Oozing near them, and spread the support from Voltaic and Overmind slag to effect maximum units. This can be managed pretty easily with Overmind's relocating abilities. Ancient Slags are your big beef, to be supported by your Oozekings and Oozing Slags. The Rattle Slags usually skirt the field since they lost their Surge: Enemy, and don't be afraid to let your Baby Slags to get hit. Guarded: Slag can bring some good situational buffs to get you out of a pinch.

I'm not too terribly sure on the spells. Like I said, I'm not terribly familiar with SP. Just Slags because I love their flavuh.

Zythraak likes this.
  7. Zythraak

Oooh, that looks quite fun! If my trade falls through on a skelly BG, I will definitely try that. (even if I do get my skellies, slags are next. ;) )

8. Shell Dorado

Good luck with both :D! I'd say that the slags are reasonably viable, but I'm not so sure how they hold up in the higher tiers of play.

9. Zythraak

I never seem to make it to higher levels of play. :( #Noob

10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Another pair of Slag BGs for your consideration:

FF Slags: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CkwChPChUChpCdvC2JCf0Cdxs5Qs1ks6Ys2GS7tr2Yr2Mr=r3hr2ZrOeke1K

Rattle Slags aren't worth running, anymore, because they lost the speed required to make use of Declare Hunted and the damage to kill their hunted target(s). As long as you're managing your ooze appropriately, you don't need its detection in most situations. I absolutely love Metallic Slags given they can force movement across ooze for healing in multiple ways. Additionally, they gain Calcify whenever you deploy an SP champ making them fairly sturdy at times. My spell/relic/equip selection is focused on knockback to support ooze tap.

SF Slagmaws: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/ChPCdtCdwCdqChpCdvCf0Cdxs5Qs1ks4BSPS7ts75r2YRiR2Me2y

Once again built around knocback but with the addition of Grintmaw Singer's Deafening Aura. Metallic Slag becomes an absolute monster and I run a single Spare Parts to transfer Fascinate/Hallucinogenic to other champions. I haven't played it enough to tweak it post-revamp, but the abilities still line up with the BG's goals on paper.

IMAGIRL and Shell Dorado like this.
  11. Shell Dorado

Sweet heavens, has Metallic Slag always had the split into SP? I thought he was full on IS. I need to get my hands on some of those now, thanks for this glorious revelation!

Also, that's an amazing idea for a split. Wow. Love it.

Entrepidus likes this.
  12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

It was one of 4 splits runes in Plague of Ba'lah that linked one Protectorate faction with one Wrath faction through a Distichous ability:

[FS/UD] - Corrupted Overlord
    [FW/KF] - Experimental Warspirit
    [IS/SP] - Metallic Slag
    [ST/SL] - Skybreak Dragon

Shell Dorado likes this.
  13. Shell Dorado

Delicious. They should do that more often I think.

14. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 7.43.51 PM.png
    This is my favorite BG to run right now. Playing Slags are fun. Slags aren't very strong but any player can make the best use of what they have.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Have you tried using deepcave extractors for nora gen?

16. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No they are horrid.

17. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I've actually had some decent success with something similar to this. Once you are able to get your 2x oozing slags + oozeking slags out it is very hard to take down. Just stack oozing slags next to each other, have the oozkings on either side. They are all acid swallow runes so each turn the acid aura heals, + ooze tap + the acid bomb from oozekings. It becomes rather entertaining. They are an extremely slow BG to play, and they have a lot of range problems. It is amusing though.

Shell Dorado likes this.
  18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Guarded slag is too good to give up in my opinion for the small amount of hp you gain for acid aura. 4 dmg 2 ap makes is like a mini DB's every time they hit you.

Also i am not sure what to run on my baby slags, poisin gives them that little extra umf of dmg that they need and is then 52 nora while abash makes it so they can only bit hit once so he wont be one rounded, but realistically one hit from 3 champs will one round him anyhow.
    I have had great success with the stone trap + punishing aura from mangled totem, because they do gain ap in stun form. so if you do it right you can get 2 to 3 people stunned usually and for 20 or so dmg. and if they are in acid then will do 4 extra dmg to all as well as heal all your champs for 12 !
    Guarded plus commanded plus War banner = plus 6 dmg but i don't like havocs touch to much because you dont have a super champ that your trying to keep alive or that does alot of dmg so the nora can in my opinion better be used on more champs.
    i wish they would buff slag slops birth because its hard to get acid around sometimes but i run an avalance, would that better be used for a second slag slop?
    also cyclops eye belt helps both with dmg for voltaic if there is a wall behind em, as well as giving the just plus 4 hp if they are in acid.
    Harpoon has also helped me majorly to get those pesky ranged or to get some champs in range of swallow whole i run one rattle for the detect, but he is meh to me atm. also im not sure but how do yall run your auroral slags ?
    Earthshakkers are nice for the tremmor and vs Physical
    and mettalic with facinate plus wanderin is nice for the heals too!
    I think the only real reason too rune oozing slags is for oozing tap but you already have 4 once you split oozing once that can have oozing tap soo... :D

Here is mine http://poxbase.com/deck/CkwChPChUChpCdvc2JcdzCf0Cdxs5Qs1ks7tS82r2Yr2Wr=r3hrOeke1Qe1Ke1j

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

my beef with slags is the deepcave extractors and rattle slag speed reduction. Seemed random to me.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Deep is a nora hog, and Rattle. Baby/Oozeking have Guarded Slag which can give 2ap. Thats why.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014