A thought exercise

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Mercer Skye, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

So, to give full credit where it is due, @kalasle inspired this thought experiment (Haven't had a chance to try it out).

His thread about HP/AP being king made me put my mind towards an interesting application of the concept. Not too much in this list is necessarily 'ridiculous' in the need of resources to destroy it, but the runes are picked solely for their ability to mesh with each other.

Arguably, there are a lot of 2x includes here that probably could be 1x, but this is the nuts and bolts of the idea;

Baron, BCA, Magistrate, Slave, they all can proc redonkulous amounts of summoned/spawned meat to the table.

Add into that Bone Fracture, Bone Traps from Shredders, and a very spammable spell line up to cycle Altars and feed the adaptive units here, the concept should hold true in a different style; Your opponent is going to need to spend resources at a nearly 2:1 ratio in order to keep your board in check.

On top of that, it aims (Aims mind, I haven't tested, yet), to alleviate some of the cheap meat/Vengeful problems;

In cheap meat, you have to dedicate rune slots (Which isn't necessarily bad), to units that are spammable, here, all the cheap meat spawns from simply playing an efficient mix of champions.

Adding vengeful, if that unit with Vendetta or innate vengeful dies, the strategy tends to fall apart, whereas, we pull the same strength here, Adaptive units aren't being crutched on to carry the game, they're just here to capitalize on advantages gained. So even if they go down, you still have the efficiency of the other units.

Some thoughts in the creation;
    While a lot of stuff is 2x for the sake of helping consistency in testing, none of them are really intended to be 2x on the board. All the 2x are champs I'd want one of on the board at all times.

Bone Elemental and 2x Cloak of Skulls is for consistency. Baron/Magistrate require opposing units start dying in order to start overwhelming with the summoned legion. Bone fracture helps accelerate the time table on that happening, as it's free AP/Attacks kind of in order to start making things die.

Utterdark Spectre I almost forgot. This was a very deliberate pick. He's the only unit that has access to both Weaken Spells and Adaptive, and for a bargain price of 74n on a champ that already has decent stats.

Weaken Spells? What does that do? Yeah, I know, no one ever hardly looks at their BG and thinks "Man, this could use some weaken spells," But in this case, that's exactly what I thought. A lot the idea here in making this work is getting summons to stick long enough to become a problem. They tend not to have very much health, so makes the whole deck concept very vulnerable to AoE effects. Can't really do anything for bombs/cones, but can keep the AoE spells in check

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Looks really interesting.
    Spell traps for the same reason you searched for Weaken Spells? seems rather expensive (deckslot wise) for a deck like this

Mercer Skye likes this.
  3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

It's more of an insurance policy. If the opponent is going to be spending nora AoE'ing all the summons down, might as well break their shrine for the effort. It's also a nice cheap way to proc adaptive that actually has some benefit. It may not hang around in final deck editing, but for now, it feels like it has a purpose.