A way to look back

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IronStylus, Jan 20, 2017.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I think I've got an idea about what is the strenght of Pox. It's not the new runes that keep coming after every release shifting the meta, making people angry, making them irritate about being flexible to the new set of mechanics. I think it's really good. The changes are always good and it's what makes the game alive. Currently I see it as being an old person, that has a son, who adds new layer to the game, but forgot that memory is something that will never run.
    To advocate my philosophy I wanted to express an idea that came to me recently. Pox lacks competivity nowadays which reasons lay on many fields, and I don't even know what is the true reason, but I think an online tournament with a good format within borders of possibilities would be a good idea to fix some of the layers i was talking about.
    My idea is to slightly adjust the current tournament format (this will be probably looked on a bit with PS release <3 if not deleted.). Of course some restrictions should be made like banning certain runes or making the format FF bgs only or other restrictions like themed bgs with couple requirements.
    I was thinking of rewards too and no electronic gear resemble of nostalgia the way i understand. If i were to win Firking Pox tournament 2017 PS release event I'd like to get something that could stay for longer than screenshots of Fan Faire I used to have but it doesn't fit elves so meh. Posters, medallions, figures, plastic shard-like looking toys and such Something really cool, 3-d printed Grimkthir or Menalaus in Sepia.
    Electronic goods are not my business and it's DoG's internal models, but I think some sort of banners sites or a Poxnora.com tab showing who got to high ranks when and how would be cool.

Mtg's tournaments have something like this at STG as a season event reward.
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

Dolcebrodude likes this.