A witch's ambition...

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by MakarovJAC, Jan 3, 2016.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

*This story is based in the lore of Poxnora provided by the Developers as well as their respective creators. Under no circunstances this pretends to imply, suggest, or announce changes, releases, or any event on the current game. All characters, names, events, and places in this story is purely fictitional.

"In the middle of a warm, dry night in the middle of a swamp, and old hag and her cohort concoct foul elixirs at the heat of weak fire which can barely illuminate their callused feet. All light is either the shiny, pearl white moon up in the clear sky, or maybe the old rusty iron lamp with carvings of a long lost civilization.

'Dust off a forgotten realm...'-The young witch brings the rustied lamp closer to the cauldron. The old hag pulls atop the boiling mixture with fingers so thin they could be claws. With a low, upset whispers, she turns to the young girl-'Fool! Do you want to pick up each grain of dust with your hands all night long?'

Using a small dagger, the withered woman starts to comb the rust off the lamp making it fall into the steaming pot. As the blade turns to a dark, crimson hue, the resumes stirring the steaming liquid.

'Fetid dust off the underworld's fire...'- She grabs a small cristal jar filled to the top with yellow dust from a maid trying her best to hold her breath from the foul smell of the jar's content. The old witch proceeds to pour all the jars content into the cauldron.

'Winds of Old, Breeze of the night!'-The witch calls in the girl to take her place mixing up the potion. Then, her appretince begins to stir the liquid using a finely polish crook with all her might.

'Oh great lord reborn from Utter Dark! Grand Master of Immortality!'-The old witch raises her arms as her old, graspy voice raises in the night.

'Der Mond, der hat alles ins Helle gebracht' -The fair witch chants, taking deep breaths as she struggles to stir faster.

'Shall no malady rips off the flesh from faithful ascendants!'

'So arm und so jung, und so alt und so reich'

'MAY ASCENDANCY BEFITS THEIR BODIES WITH STRENGH AND NO THRALLDOM!!!'

'Die Glocke, sie donnert ein mächtiges Eins, Und unten zerschellt das Gerippe!'

The coven is exhausted. The dying fire heating the pots turns to mound of bright ashes. The crooks rests at one side of the cauldron's mouth. The witches turn their heads, staring closely to the pot, as the bubbles start to quite down.

The hag looks back at the bright moon. Mumbles. -'It's still early. The sun won't be around for a few more hours.'-Her tongue flickles like a snake's, trying to wet her dry, wrinkled lips-'However the risk, this is the best time in a place like this to make some deseccant for the next ascension. Master Sherkan will be pleased.'

The girl hurries back to a cart close by. The skeletal steeds respond with mild surprise. No matter how ressilient unlife might have made them, their foolish animal souls still retain their natural behaviour. Grabbing as many bottles as her hempen bag can hold, the girl tries to be as fast as careful as she can. Once filled, then turns back to the pot.

'Move these legs faster! I want to be as far as possible from this place before...'-

The girl closing by freezes like a statue. Her eyes as wide as plates. She holds her breath for a moment, before shouting-'Mistress!!!'

The old witch´s respiration hasten as much as her age allows. She turns with horror in her eyes.-'Bloody Sheoul...I shouted way too loud."

There is more to it. I'll resume this as soon as I get more time to spare.

Djangoguy likes this.