Ability Fascinate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

So fascinate, great and annoying ability at the same time.
    I'm not sure if it is supposed to work this way but I personally think it shouldn't be able to pull a champ over impassable terrain, i.e. a chasm . The champ dies if it doesnt have flying.
    What do you guys think?

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

WAI

it's logical.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  4. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Nah let fire dancer kill 4 champs without attacking.

5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

You know? She have been doing that for some time now. Maddening echoes ftw! Is surprising people took this long to cry about her.

6. Nora That

but seriously there are quite a few champs with fascinate now and on maps with chasms people are taking advantage of it

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't have a problem with it. All my IS BGs have HboV

8. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

I agree it's extremely logical for someone or something to die due to their curiosity

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  9. Sealer0

IF you position your dudes so that they get killed by fascinate at the end of your turn, it's pretty much your own fault.

BurnPyro, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My thoughts as well. The ability is dependent on the other players positioning. Short of CCing something and positioning to pull it into a chasm there is not really any way to deliberately use the ability offensively. Even then the opponent can cleanse or simply kill the fascinate champ.

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. Nora That

cleanse? WTF u on about you can't cleanse fascinate..

12. Nora That

what's HBoV going to do against fscinate?

Dhamun likes this.
  13. Nora That

I'm specifically talking about the fact that it can pull you into a chasm

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

In order for an opponent to purposely pull your rune into a chasm or harmful terrain they must CC your unit so you can't reposition and then place their fascinate unit into a place that can force you into what they want. You can cleanse the CC and reposition the unit so as not to get pulled into terrain. If your unit is not CC'd and still gets pulled into a chasm it is your own bad positioning.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pretty sure HBoV counters Fascinate? Unless I've been doing it wrong.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It does. HBoV gives Prestige. Prestige gives Iron Will. Iron Will counters Fascinate.

Etherielin, BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Sealer0

I'm specifically talking about the fact that you control wether your unit is in a position to get pulled into a chasm or not.

Fascinate procs at the beginning of your opponent's turn.

KingJad likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A classic NoraThat 'I just lost to this and have no good reason to ask for a nerf but will do so anyway' thread.

Flyingfinn, Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Nora That

no i have yet to be cliffscinated, but i wached many games where i see it happen and it's bullshit. learn your carfax before you spew your trolling garbage

20. Nora That

and i get the fact that it is an occasional good use for pulling a champ over harmful terrain, but cliffing i think it can do without the cliffing, or at the very least make it work like knockback, or galforse, if the champ has ap then he loses it instead of straight muffdiving