[Ability: Manic] Chasm suicide

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Goyo, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Manic moves your unit 2 steps toward the next enemy champion at the end of your turn to attempt an attack.

If your champion is near a cliff and the priority adjacent space is toward a chasm space, your unit will suicide.

It is not only illogical, it's complety unintuitive.

The solution I suggest is to use the normal movement pattern to decide the next 2 steps. This not only fixes this suicide issue, also fixes the problem of your unit moving backward on some maps where your enemy is between you and a mountain, practically giving you -2 SPD.

2. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Although I understand your frustration, this is not a bug. You even acknowledge this in paraphrasing the ability's text. Manic is intended to move the unit towards the nearest opposing unit, regardless of terrain or obstructions. This includes lava, chasms and the such. Manic's movement is currently not perfect, especially in conjunction with 2x2 units, but diving your unit is not a bug with the game.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I supposed it was inteded for SOE, but it seems a very weak mechanic to me so I though it wouldn't hurt to call it a bug on owls command, and post it here instead on the saturated General forums.

Thank you for clearing it up anyway :)

4. only

only Active Member

just for future note, you can also Fascinate/Wander champions into chasms.

Goyo likes this.